PDA

View Full Version : I recently accepted that I'm depressed.

topeka999
07-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I can't find anything attractive about myself, my confidence is gone, I can't think of a talent I truly exceed at. My parents are in the process of getting a divorce they put off for years and won't stop yelling at each other. Nobody cares when I say I want to leave the house. I have to take care of my little sister. My boyfriend will go for several days without saying a word to me, and when I initiate the conversation, he's only half into it. I have only one friend other than him. All of my other ones either ditched me or don't care. A handful of guys used to have crushes on me - now I fight for the only one I've got. I don't feel beautiful or useful or smart. I used to be able to feel great in my clothes, but now I hate everything I wear. I eat when I'm sad, and I've put on almost two inches of my waist I'm lacking the willpower to get rid of.

Nothing makes me happy except for the occasional song and my boyfriend actually having a whole-hearted conversation with me. The person who gives me the most joy, him, can't lift my spirits. And the thing that worries me the most is that I don't know how to fix it. I need help, but not from someone else. I need a way to get back on track, lose my depression weight, and get my friends back. I also want my family and my boyfriend to listen to what I'm saying - not just the words, but the meaning.

What does everyone think? How do you get rid of those awful feelings that come with depression? Do you have nervous habits like eating? How do you manage them?

bluesix
07-17-2012, 01:04 AM
My situation is pretty similar. My friends don't care about me anymore. My parents don't get it, and I'm not that comfortable telling them everything. My boyfriend cares, but doesn't really know how to help since he's never experienced this. I'd recommend therapy. Retail therapy to find clothes that make you feel great. And also talk therapy to see someone who knows how to help you.