PDA

View Full Version : Jaw pain

chelc1225
07-05-2012, 07:17 PM
HI everyone. I am new on here as well. I have been trying to manage my anxiety symptoms and have been doing ok with most of them, except for this lingering jaw pain. I know it's anxiety related because it gets worse when I'm stressed. Does anyone else get this? If so, any ideas? I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts, it is so nice to know I'm not the only person experiencing these scary feelings!

Meagan
07-05-2012, 08:07 PM
I have a mouth guard I wear at night. I have tmj from my anxiety

chelc1225
07-05-2012, 08:13 PM
I have tmj also, but sleeping with the night guard was extremely annoying. I feel like the more I am stressed or anxious, the more my jaw starts to feel sore.

kad
07-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Anyone with TMJ - do you get pain in the upper jaw too?

Meagan
07-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Yes always pain in upper jaw

nf1234
07-06-2012, 09:18 PM
I have also had problems with jaw pain. It would give me bad tension headaches on the sides of my head. At one point the headaches were so bad I thought it was a brain tumor. Thankfully it was not. It is crazy what stress and anxiety can do to the body.

jeremyfresno
07-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Mouth guard at night while you sleep! Might be annoying but you learn to adapt....better to be annoying then having pain and headaches that's for sure

Buttercup
07-07-2012, 04:52 AM
I agree that the mouth guard at night is so helpful. It's better to get one from the dentist that is fitted for you rather than ones you can get in pharmacies. the one my dentist made me fits perfectly and I don't even notice it when I wear it at night anymore. I used to get so much pain in my jaw and up the sides of my face along with an awful clicking and crunching sound from my jaws. When it was really bad I couldn't chew properly and could just eat soup. I no longer have any of these problems since using my splint and have been free from pain from my jaws for years now!