PDA

View Full Version : I think anxiety and ocd go hand in hand

hopeNfaith88
07-03-2012, 11:37 PM
I may be full of shit because im no professional or anything, but i think to be anxious you have to have some form of ocd. Obsessing over bodily sensations makes people anxious, well atleast me. So when youre distracted by keeping busy, anxiety decreases. I think they have a strong relationship.

Serenity 7
07-04-2012, 08:19 AM
i completly agree.when i get anxious my ocd gets worse.and when i try and stop doing my ocd thing.i get anxious.i cant win

alankay
07-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Yep. OCD is an anxiety disorder. Obsessive negative thought patterns is what puts you/us on a trajectory to develop the disorder(s). It will be a mix of Generalized Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Specific Phobias, OCD and even PSTD with one a dominant and others being(to some degree) a little or lot less present. All very specific to the individual as well as the cause. For some there is a reason(s) why they get anxiety(abuse, trauma, combat, etc) others have a great childhood, etc, and can get it. In any case there is a relation to obsessing and anxiety. It's worry in lay terms. Too much, too often and where not warranted. At the end of the road for many is anxiety to the point of being a disorder. Alankay

Serenity 7
07-04-2012, 11:43 AM
that makes great sense.i have had ocd for as long as i can remember.but the fear i feel now.is new

wantmylifeback
07-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Agreed. When my anxiety is high, my OCD is high. Sucks.

jessy
07-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Agree with this too !
When my anxiety is bad my OCD is bad :(