PDA

View Full Version : Need sone help

sammie
07-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Ok so here's the thing I'm going to the doctor here in the next few days just to make sure what is wrong is a anxiety disorder/ attack an I was just wondering what kind of test they might do can anyone help

Buttercup
07-03-2012, 03:13 PM
There is no test as such for anxiety. The doctor will chat to you and find out what has been going on and make his diagnosis based on your symptoms and what you tell him, he may not even make a diagnosis but refer you to a professional who can. He may also do some blood tests, take your BP, listen to your heart etc to make sure it's not a medical condition causing your symptoms.

sammie
07-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Ok thank you that helped clam me down I bet I just really don't like doctors offices

Buttercup
07-04-2012, 01:57 AM
try and think of it in a positive way- you are going to the doctors to sort yourself out and get well again. That's a really positive step and the doctor is there to help so no need to be too anxious about it. Although I still get a bit anxious in the waiting room as sometimes you have to wait for ages and it can be really busy and warm. But I try to normalise these thoughts by thinking that no one in the waiting room will be having a pleasant experience and enjoying it so I know I am not alone in my feelings.

sammie
07-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Thank you Sooo much I will really have to try that