PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety ? possibly...

MissPriss84
02-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I was diagnosed with Anxiety in 2001 and ever since then i've been a mess.

For a while my anxiety slowed down, I would still have my OCD issues and what not but I wasn't really anxious, until last month...

My fiances mother died out of no where, and when I say out of no where, I mean it.

We got a call she was dead on January 9th, we rushed to her house and saw her body on the living room floor. My legs went so numb from being so nervous that I had to sit down right away.

I've never seen a dead body before and I kept like running situations in my head of how she could have died.

Ever since that night, i've had horrible headaches, a heavy feeling in my head, a lump like feeling in my throat, feeling like I'm going to die, constant worries about dying, etc.

Is this my anxiety or what? I can't help how I feel anymore, it's almost like I can't enjoy anything. I'm only 23 years old, I do have Multiple Sclerosis wich is another worry of mine. Trying to relax but as we all know, it's not easy.

My head is bothering me right this minute and I want to rush to the ER because I'm scared it's a tumor or I feel like i'm going to pass out. It's like a heavy feeling with pressure in my jaw and forehead.

Any ideas or input would be greatly apriciated..

jitters
02-09-2007, 02:28 AM
Welocme to the board. What you are currently feeling could very well be anxiety, but with good reason. We all get anxious sometimes, But in most cases the people here cant work out why. Witnessing a dead body and having a diblitating degenarative disease should make you anxious. You need to accept that the worries you are feeling are natural. That you shouldn't be ashamed of being scared or upset by these things. It is your bodies natural way of coping. Without the adreniline released you would simply go into shock. Anxiety disorders are often triggered by one final blow to the system by some traumatic event. The ability to worry has always been there but all of a sudden it affects our lives.

Any questions about coping with these things just ask.

We are always here.

Duncan