PDA

View Full Version : Slow Journey to Feeling Better

MissElizabeth
07-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Hey Everyone,

I've posted a couple of times just trying to get feedback and advice. I have been on 10 mg of Lexapro for 3 years and had NO problems whatsoever with my anxiety. It was well-controlled and I finally felt like "me" again. I switched to the generic brand of Lexapro in March and started noticing some breakthrough anxiety. I ended up having a full blown anxiety attack almost 2 weeks ago and have been struggling ever since. My doctor put me back on brand name Lexapro and upped my dose to 15 mg about a week ago. I know medicine takes time to kick in, but my anxiety is still very bad in the morning. I am seeking therapy and trying to focus on meditation and breathing exercises...but it still sucks.

I feel really groggy and out of it, as well as extremely anxious. It gets progressively better as the day moves on...but mornings are awful! It's just misery! I don't want to take/rely on xanax because I don't find it extremely helpful. I'm down to .25 in the morning, but am still having racing thoughts. I just want to feel better!

Any advice? Or just stay patient!

brittany09
07-03-2012, 08:34 AM
I can relate to having anxiety in the morning. Sometimes I'd like to sleep in but can't cause I get am anxiety. Why can't you go back to the original Lexapro?

Serenity 7
07-03-2012, 11:19 AM
i dont know about your meds.but my anxiety is worse in the morning

amberhs27
07-05-2012, 12:38 AM
My anxiety is the worst when I lay down for bed or jus lay down n general. I hate it.