PDA

View Full Version : A NEW ONE, GOT REALLY WEAK ALL OF A SUDDEN MY WHOLE BODY

Modularman
02-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Well I have been some kind of attacks for a few weeks now. I have missed 2 weeks of work. My blood pressure spikes and heart rate evne though Im on 100mg atenelol. 50 morning 50 night. My doctor says its anxiety and wants me to take 20mg of prozac. He also gave me after much worry on my part 5 mg of diazapam (valium) to act against some of the possible effects of prozac. I have not taken it yet. Im scared. I dont want to become incapacited. I cant miss much more work. He is also waiting for results of my blood work on thyroid and lipids. I have had a couple good days and now on my way to taking my daughter to work I suddenly felt very weak everywhere. I dropped her off and could not wait to get home and didnt think I would make it. when I got in, my spikes went up once again and they have lately, doctor says it because of anxiety, 175/90 86 pulse. Have been taking 100 mg atenelol, 50 in am and 50 in pm. for a long long time.I dont know what to do. Im 60 years old and feel like a baby and a fool. Should I take the prozac and take a chance? Any comments would be so great. Thanks so much for reading this anyone,

jitters
02-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Absolutely it cant make things worse whatever you may think. If you dont cut down the anxiety and the pills will help the consistantly high blood pressure could cause much more dibilitating issues than the side effects of the drug ever will. Hold off on the valium until you know how the prozac effects you. It takes time about six weeks to have full effect and any side effects usually drop off within the first two weeks.

Duncan