PDA

View Full Version : May seem strange...

Cassiopeia
07-01-2012, 05:58 PM
This may seem strange but when I went to go into the bedroom, it was locked. Nobody locked the bedroom door, so now I'm paranoid there is someone in our apartment. Great...

ATOMS
07-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Turn the all the lights on and search your house if you suspect someone is there! Or call a friend to come over. Was the outside doors and windows locked and secure. You might as well check it out so you don't continue to spiral into being paranoid. We put the little keys to the inside doors in our house above on the door jamb incase of emergencys.

Cassiopeia
07-01-2012, 07:43 PM
The thing is we only left the house for all of like 30-45 minutes earlier. It's just kind of creepy and I already have issues with paranoia so it especially sucks.

ATOMS
07-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi Cassi,

Hope all is ok, you have to tell yourself that its just your mind playing games on you. I know that makes it sound easy, but keep trying it and hopefully it will help.

Cassiopeia
07-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks hon, I'll try. :)

brittany09
07-02-2012, 10:15 AM
I have had issues with paranoia as well. I have thought somebody was outside my house looking in my windows many times,usually at night. Or "saw" things out of the corner of my eye. That's a normal symptom of anxiety. If your body is in hyper mode you get startled and freaked out easily. As the person above said,remind yourself it's just your mind playing games on you. Easier said then done,but positive thinking can easily become a habit if you try.

hopeNfaith88
07-03-2012, 12:27 AM
When i was 16, my mom left me home alone for the night. I swear i kept hearing someone jiggling the doorknob. I thought someone was trying to pick open my front door. So i ran out the back porch and down the street, then called my dad to come over and search the house. This was when i didnt even know about anxiety or paranoia. So he searched and nothing was wrong so he made me go to his house. Pathetic lol im so glad i didnt embarass myself more than i did! It happens. Hell, at 20 i still cant have the blinds open at night because i always think every little moon light coming through open blinds is someone with a flash light trying to look in. I also cant walk past mirrors when im in the dark. Both things set off my fight or flight feelings.