PDA

View Full Version : Made it through

amberhs27
06-29-2012, 10:33 PM
K so today was night nite with my fiancé and our friends. We went to c magic mike. The minute the lights went out n theatre n the sound came on boom anxiety hit. Idk y but all of a sudden the fast heartbeat tingling then chills then headache n chest pain. I thought to myself well this sucks cuz I really didn't wanna leave the movie. So I stayed calm took half my Ativan and after bout 30 min I felt normal again. Now we r driving home from Abilene I live n another town 42 miles from Abilene in the dark in which I hate. I have all these random fear thoughts going thru my head n I don't want them to b. like what ifs on wrecks if we had one. How do I make em stop?

amberhs27
06-29-2012, 10:33 PM
N also is anyone ever sore like body sore the next day after abad attack?

amberhs27
06-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Or have random burst of pain thought their body in random places? Jus wandering.

CarJim75
06-29-2012, 11:10 PM
yep, i usually get sharp pain to my left arm and chest area.

dazza
06-30-2012, 03:49 AM
I've had a panic attack in the cinema... watching a horror movie. Some exercism thing... I can't remember the name.
I had to leave and get out into the open! lol

Yep, the soreness is normal after an attack and is relative to the degree of severity.
I.e. soreness gets worse (and takes longer to go) the worse the attack is.

A bad attack has muscles tensing like crazy and this is the soreness you feel.

Worst case I had - I was sore for at least 24 hours after a bad attack.
It leaves you kinda mentally sore, too. Like... WHAT the hell was that? Am I dying?

laurandisorder
06-30-2012, 07:17 AM
I also get bad anxiety in the cinema. It's more situational, after I first started experiencing panic and anxiety, my partner and I went to see a film and like you guys, as soon as the lights went out and the sound came on, I was profoundly uncomfortable.

I survived, but my 'anxiety memory' tries to link up the experience and rationalize it, so every time I go to the movies, or any theater setting I have to sit through an initial half hour or so of anxiety.

And after bad attacks I am always physically, emotionally and spiritually exhausted. Every REALLY bad one leaves me feeling like I have taken 1000 steps backward. No matter how much progress I make in between.

dazza
06-30-2012, 09:05 AM
The common trigger factors for me seemed to be:

Dark
Lots of people
Loud music (especially dramatic)

So, cinema was a prime suspect... as are dramatic, dark, indoor amusements (flight simulations at theme parks, for example)

I've been to the cinema recently and was fine, but the film was a stress-free comedy.

I'm uncertain as to how i'd react to a horror film now and need to give this a whirl soon, lol

Buttercup
06-30-2012, 10:23 AM
I find that when I am anxious during a horror movie I can cope with it because that sort of thing is designed to make you freak out- if you feel like that then the director, actors etc have done their job. It's when anxiety creeps up on me in "normal" situations that I find harder to deal with. ie. Freaky crap in a movie makes you anxious- natural but feeling anxious when in a supermarket, not so natural.