PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with my anxiety again x.x

scaredguy1991
06-29-2012, 04:14 PM
So I have to be taking some antibiotics for an infection i have. The only problem is I always get bad anxiety about taking my antibiotics.
Ugh I think i might need some people to help me through this cause i have already put it off for weeks staring at the bottle. :(

dazza
06-30-2012, 03:53 AM
Take the antibiotics!

That's all there is to say :-)

HeatherD3584
06-30-2012, 11:50 AM
The risk of the infection getting worse is a far greater risk than what the antibiotics can do to you. It can be scary taking something, however you have all the info laid out for you: what it is, what it's for, side affects etc. Any side effect can not be as bad as getting sicker because of not properly taking care of the problem due to fear :)

tokishone
07-01-2012, 01:43 PM
I know how you feel. I'm thinking that if my Psychiatrist decides to prescribe me something I'll be too worried to take it... I think it's probably better to just take it. The chances of something horrible happening if you take them are allot less likely than something happening if you don't.

sharjen
07-01-2012, 03:36 PM
I have the same thing- not helped by my minor allergies- I have a panic attack every time I have to take a tablet. And I'm clock watching for 4 hrs after!! You are not alone xx

brittany32888
07-01-2012, 05:09 PM
i get that way with vitamins, which is somewhat backwards. they make me feel better and less of a chance that something bad health wise could happen to me, but.... i still put it off until it's been months. you will actually probably feel better if you do take them, the closer you get to the bottom of the bottle, the more relieved you may feel. infections aren't fun. antibiotics are made to help and make us better. not worse.:)

ATOMS
07-01-2012, 08:36 PM
I've had the same fear of pills, I have had many perscriptions filled only to never take them once I read the possible side effects some which are worse than what they were perscribed for. I agree with others here take the antibiotics you must need these if the doc said so. Some of mine were for minor things / problems I've had. The one I'm dealing with now is a benzo for anxiety. I'm too afraid I'll have a bad reaction to it or I'll get hooked and need the pills to function once I start.

hopeNfaith88
07-02-2012, 01:39 AM
If you have an infection then damn take the antibiotics! They dont make you feel weird or anything. Especially if its something as minor as amoxcillin or penicillin. Just take it with a meal and itll be good. U wont feel any different or anything.
Ive taken the strongest antibiotic on the market for a nasty infection i had (wont get into details lol) and it upset my stomach a little bit so i started taking it with crackers. Problem solved.
You need to feel better. What if your infection gets worse and becomes life threatening? Strep throat for example can become life threatening if it goes untreated. Wouldnt want you to have to be hospitalized because you didnt want to tale a harmless pill...