PDA

View Full Version : Struggling...

MissElizabeth
06-29-2012, 08:00 AM
I switched to generic Lexapro back in March and have had breakthrough anxiety and now a full-fledged anxiety attack. I returned to regular Lexapro and my doctor upped the dose to 15 mg, which I started Tuesday. However, I am still absolutely miserable. My body feels like it's on pins and needles, I can barely eat, .5 of xanax isn't helping at all...I can barely get off the couch. I know that it takes some time for the medicine to right itself, but I just feel absolutely awful. I'm sick to my stomach and my head feels like it's in a fog. Any advice?

JAug
06-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Have you started/considerd seeing a psychologist? He/she will help considerably and leave you with permanent/long term benefits that meds cannot give you.

dazza
06-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Pins & needles, sickness, dizzy, exhausted, miserable...

Meds are working a treat then? lol

(Sorry... not funny I know)

I personally can't vouch for Lexapro (never tried it) but I can say that I've read an awful lot of BAD press about it on this forum. It seems to suit only the very few and cause more trouble than it cures.

During the first few months after I got anxiety disorder I suffered big time with panic attacks. Horrendous experiences of apparent impending death, pains all over my body, heart racing / palpitating and god knows what else.
Something I won't forget in a hurry I can tell thee...

I had maybe 10 really bad attacks. Toward the end (and with continual cognetive therapy) I began to realise what on gods earth was happening to me... and
things started to improve.
I was prescribed DIAZEPAM (for emergencies)... and so starting popping one of these (2 MG) ONLY when I thought an attack was imminent.
This worked like a charm for me. It calmed me right down and put me in a kind of "sleepy... just about to go to bed state"
Might be worth asking your doc. about it?

BUT... PLEASE try NOT to rely on meds on a daily basis.
They aint the cure, but they can help during the worst times.

The cure is you coming to terms with / understand what you have and then learning to ignore it.
Like a school bully... if you ignore them... they eventually go away.

I'm serious.