PDA

View Full Version : Heart Beat Sensation in my head and neck

rockstar34
06-26-2012, 06:21 PM
I've been suffering with this heart beat sensation in my neck and head now for over 5 years and in the last few months it's gotten sooo much worse that I was having panic attacks all day everyday. After seeing multiple dr.'s and scanning just about every part of my body, I still don't have any answers. I was put on an anti-depressant to calm my anxiety, which it has, but the heartbeat sensation is still there.
Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you,
Rockstar34

leetbulldog
06-26-2012, 09:34 PM
I get this unite a lot.. I just blame my anxiety for all this horrible symptoms..

dazza
06-27-2012, 01:11 AM
It's when you CAN'T feel a heart-beat - that's when you've got problems, lol

No, seriously, this is perfectly normal... and healthy if anything.

Like most health-anxiety folk, you're probably tuned into it & deliberately listening to it. I spent some 4 months listening to nothing but my own heart beat.
It drives you crackers!

You'll find that; if you're completely distracted (and happy) - miraculously... you won't feel a thing!

During times of excess adrenalin, it's true that the beat can become stronger, but again, all normal and not harmful at ALL.

Have you tried Beta blockers? (often used by actors before they go on stage to reduce stage panic)

laurandisorder
06-27-2012, 06:38 AM
You've probably been told this by doctors, but it sounds like you are dehydrated.

kmarie30
06-27-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm constantly getting these adrenaline and or palp feelings. Sometimes at the bottom of my esophagus or right up at the bottom of my neck. It flutters and brings on that adrenaline. Coupled with the tingly head and daily dizziness no doctors can figure out except the anxiety it has caused. I now am thinking I have a heart condition. Im only 30. I have health anxiety I admit. But it's been 9 months of the dizzy head and eyes and I'm forever searching for the reason. Docs say I'm too young for the heart problem but I do drink wine and smoke every couple days could I have given myself a heart condition. Or am I panicking again?

rockstar34
06-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Yes if I am distracted I don't feel it as much, but as soon as I'm back to a calm state of mind the heart beat sensation is there. It does tend to get worse when I eat salty foods.
It also seems as if it doesn't match my normal heartbeat, I know strange.

rockstar34
06-27-2012, 05:41 PM
You've probably been told this by doctors, but it sounds like you are dehydrated.
Actually I drink about 2-4 liters of water a day.

rockstar34
06-27-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm constantly getting these adrenaline and or palp feelings. Sometimes at the bottom of my esophagus or right up at the bottom of my neck. It flutters and brings on that adrenaline. Coupled with the tingly head and daily dizziness no doctors can figure out except the anxiety it has caused. I now am thinking I have a heart condition. Im only 30. I have health anxiety I admit. But it's been 9 months of the dizzy head and eyes and I'm forever searching for the reason. Docs say I'm too young for the heart problem but I do drink wine and smoke every couple days could I have given myself a heart condition. Or am I panicking again?

Have you had a scan of your carotid arteries in your neck? There might be a stenosis or blockage there that could be causing this problem.