PDA

View Full Version : the feeling of losing my mind/loosing control

kjerstiva
06-24-2012, 07:24 AM
My worst symptom is the feeling of loosing touch with reality. That feeling terrifies me. And i get this really hollow , painful feeling inside.And i really want to cry. I used to think of it as a symphtom of depression, but taking a valium actually helps, so im guessing its a panic/anxiety symphtom.

Does any of you experience this sensation? And if so....how do you deal with it? Im sort of sick of being in almost constant pain and fear.

cat eyes
06-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Hi,

I get crazy symptoms like I am dying or going to pass out. I get dizzy, vision off and heart papiltations. I take celexa every night and was prescribed Xanax but I am afraid of the side effects. I google everything which is bad. I been to the er and so many doctors who say its all anxiety. I just want to be normal and have my life back.

kjerstiva
06-24-2012, 07:43 AM
I can totally relate 2 what youre writing. I too get dizzy, the feeling that im about to pass out, my heart is racing/jumping beats, the feeling of numbness in hands, legs, the feeling of low bloodsugar. The only thing that sort of help with me, is the realization that i have experienced this so many times during the last years, and so far i havent died from it, LOL. But its painfull and terrifying, non the less :-(

I have been slowly trying to quit my anti-depressants, and i guess thats propably whats making me worse right now. I JUST WANT TO FUNCTION; AND BE NORMAL! * sigh *

cat eyes
06-24-2012, 09:33 AM
I too get numbness and tingling in left side face and lip and think I am having a stroke. What meds r u on?

kjerstiva
06-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Fluoxetin. Think its something like prozac. U?

cat eyes
06-24-2012, 10:22 AM
I take celexa and also prescribed Xanax but afraid to take it.

jessy
06-24-2012, 11:14 AM
I know exactally how you guys feel
I get dizzy , disorientated , vision problems , feel like I can't breath properly .
Anxiety is awful to live with , try hard not to let it scare you !!as that's when you can loose control & freak out
Xx jessy

cat eyes
06-24-2012, 12:06 PM
I know but it's so hard. The symptoms are dreadful and I feel like I am dying or going to pass out. Made many trips to drs and er and wasted a lot of money. Do u take meds?

jeremyfresno
06-24-2012, 12:20 PM
I would get the feeling like I was loosing my mind at some points and other times I would get derealization as well.. But the feeling of losing your mind is completely awful!!!!! It's one of those things you just have to ride it out and RELAX its going to pass....if you have Xanax take it will calm you down and won't set you into panic....when I went through this stage I didn't have any meds cause I didn't know exactly what was even wrong with me....trust me guys it's all part of anxieties awful set of symptoms

~Jeremy

cat eyes
06-24-2012, 12:35 PM
U r right Jeremy it's all anxiety and it can make u feel a lot of dreadful things. I am afraid of the Xanax and its side effects.

jeremyfresno
06-24-2012, 12:45 PM
How many mg are you on?? Well Xanax is only meant for emergencies and short term relief....trust me it helps....the only side effect I had was drowsiness you get a little sleepy but that's it....

cat eyes
06-24-2012, 01:55 PM
I take 5mg of celexa and 0.25 of Xanax when ever I decide to try the Xanax. It's awful feeling. I do get drowsy and I hate that. But I am
Scared and nervous all the time and can't enjoy life.

hopeNfaith88
06-24-2012, 03:51 PM
OMG i hate that feeling like im going crazy. Happened to me once when i was laying in bed trying to fall asleep. I had such terrible racing thoughts, mind was going a mile a minute and i kept thinking i was on an island with all the people on LOST (as i had watched 5 straight episodes that day). Then id have to remind myself where i was then my mind would wander there again. It was so scary i hated it. I was also very disoriented I got so into my thoughts im not sure if i slept the whole night. Hasnt happened to me since but im always scared itll happen so most nights i gotta get real fucked up and drowsy to fall asleep unless i was really active that day and tired enough to pass out without racing thoughts.

Kristiper226
06-25-2012, 01:50 AM
I have been told often at my 'Christian' school that I'm insane. Then I started coming back with the response that I was. Very often I find I have the same symptoms as you. What I do to control it is think of a dream. Create you're own dream to drift off to.Much like making up a story.If you mind keeps on coming to a different spot yet repeats what that spot is base a story on that.For example: You're mind, no matter how hard you try, comes back to Lost. Make you're own character and make up a story with Lost.