PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia

may
06-22-2012, 04:41 AM
Anybody else in here with that problem? I have that fear since I can remember and it ruins my life, there are so many things that I don't do because of that like: I don't take pills because I think they will get stuck in my throat, I don't wear glasses because I got sick when I put them at the first time (so now I need to force my eyes when I have to read something), bus travels are a nightmare because I always think that someone can vomit... I am absolute terrified... Have anybody here got rid of that problem? I dont wanna even face it! * emetophobia - irrational fear of vomit * last time I vomited was at 96... And I am still terrified of it. I dont even like to talk bout that because it makes me nervous :( Sorry for the english, if there is a misunderstanding part just ask and I write it again...

bullyMeNever
06-22-2012, 07:53 AM
There are lots of articles to help you overcome irrational fears. But since you have had it for years, it will take a while to fix. The best way is hypnosis

brittany09
06-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Actually I think I have that. Mildly,not to the extent you have it. Vomiting is bad for me,and it's also bad for me if I see or hear somebody else vomiting. Ok,well have you talked to your doctor about this? You could also research your phobia and see how others have gotten past this.

may
06-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Already told her, but everytime we try to reach the subject I stop and cant go on... Dont want to go on...