PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else fear being too far away from home?

Miss93
06-21-2012, 11:54 AM
I get anxious if I can't get home quickly or easily or if I'm too far away. :(

Is this part of my anxiety? Has anyone else had this? How do I get rid of it?

alankay
06-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Hell yeah. It's a hallmark symptom of anxiety(certain disorders anyway). Being away from a safe place or person. Actually as opposed to GAD more of a Panic Disorder deal(with agrophobia). I don't go far home with w/o valium and it's a pity. My ssri helps keep panic down but still...common with Panic Disorder patients. Alankay

savannah
06-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Im the same way, i panic when traveling bc i fear something will happen im ok aslong as i know where the hospital is, I know it sounds pathetic but thats how i am

AnxiousChic
06-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Im the same way, i panic when traveling bc i fear something will happen im ok aslong as i know where the hospital is, I know it sounds pathetic but thats how i am
I am the same way!!! But mine is weird. You see, if I'm going on a vacation somehow the hotel is a comfort zone for me.
Now, if I'm traveling/driving 30 miles away from home to go out to eat or something, well, I rarely do that because it's too far from home (and it's not a hotel).
And when I moved to where we live now (we came from another state), I had to mapquest the distance to the nearest hospital way prior to moving, and stored it in my GPS.

cat eyes
06-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Omg! I am the same way. I hate going anywhere if the hospital is to far away or if the Urgi center is far. I even asked how long for an ambulance and was told 10-45 minutes. I was like ouch!! Too long for me. This sucks!!