PDA

View Full Version : New here/random thoughts

canesanity
02-01-2007, 07:36 PM
My name's Patrick and Im 24. I have social anxiety and some depression, probably resulting from this. I have chose to drink to deal with this and some people around me are telling me Im an alcoholic. Im not denying that I abuse alcohol, but its mainly to deal with the anxiety, so I havent made up my mind whether I am or not. Anyway, back to the problem at hand--I have been on Paxil, Lexapro and Prozac, and Prozac was prob. the most effective for me. I think the anxiety all started at an early age, and has progressed up to this point. I used to just think I was shy and I would deal with it, but now I am realizing I need to address this properly or it will drive me insane. I have been to the point of hospital trips for suicide attempts. Social situations tend to baffle me, and even though I am a good looking guy, I can't approach girls if Im interested. The only girls Ive been with have come up to me, and I didnt have to initiate. Im feeling like things are going on around me, but I am just floating by and not doing anything. I want to be happy, because I dont think I ever truly have been. Thanks and hopefully I can talk to some people on here.

Music_lover
02-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Hello Patrick. I'm Holly. I've had anxeity for a long time, I don't know how long, a few years. I'm 15 and I have panic attacks. I can try and help you the ebst I can, or I can just listen. It's really helpful here, I was very glad I found it. Hopefully you will feel the same way, because it can make you feel better and not as alone.

-Holly

strictlymental
02-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi Patrick,

I actually just found this forum tonight because I was in my college class tonight and we had to go to the front of the room and do fake interview questions with a random person in the class.

Well, as usual, the same thing happened. BRIGHT red, shaking, having problems thinking, or getting words out, and sweating.
I only have 2 semesters left to finish my degree but i'm starting to think i will have to drop out of college because of this.

I'm 25, and like you said have been trying to deal with this all my life and it has only gotten progressively worse. In high school, I tried to deal with it with illegal drugs, but managed to stop that route.

I have tried every antidepressant under the sun and nothing has worked. The docs won't prescribe and benzos because of my past drug use. (I am honest with them). So, for the past few years I have been dealing with my anxiety by drinking. It is getting progressively worse and people are questioning me. I feel like crying most of the time and feel really lost right now. I'm sorry I have no better advice for you, but it made me feel good to read your story which is similar to my situation.

Thanks for posting it.

Erin

dtrotter
07-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Hello Patrick. I've had anxeity for a long time when I'm 20 and I have panic attacks. now i am so much better, and almost eradicated my problem. Hopefully you will feel the same way, because it can make you feel better and not as alone.