PDA

View Full Version : I need advice or something.

Music_lover
02-01-2007, 03:40 PM
So, I thought everything was going well. Therpy is going good, I know a lotmore than I did before, I felt more in control, but now it's all going away. I haven't been going out as much, and it's gotme thinking and being alone in my room for hours. I feel sad alot and everything is just starting to add up. Whenever sokmehting good happens somehting bad immeditaly follows and ruins it. I'm tired all the time, nothing is really making me happy. My life seems to be slowly falling apart and I can't handle it. I feel far away from my friends and family. I think my boyfriend is even on the verge of breaking up with me. I'm tired of trying. I'm tired of waking up and getting up and trying again and again. DAy after day the same things. I'm getting no where and I want to give up now. I want to just stay in my room and lay down and listen to music, sleep and so homework. I don't know what else to do anymore. I don't know why I'm feeling this way. I'm just so tired of everything.

:cry:

jlkltt
02-01-2007, 04:06 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I've been struggling with OCD for the past few months and I feel so abnormal sometimes. Sometimes alls I want to do is sleep so I won't think about anything. I go to therapy too every week. It helps, but it doesn't make everything go away. I never thought in a million years that I would feel this way and I'm sure nobody thinks they will. When I'm down and tired I just tell myself that I will get through this and think about my kids, family, and friends. It's hard, but don't ever feel that your alone. I actually didn't realize how many people suffer with anxiety, panic, OCD, GAD, and etc. until I started looking it up on the internet. So just hang in there and never give up. Your welcome to email me anytime. That's one of the reason I joined was to meet people who are experiencing anxiety & etc like me so I wouldn't feel alone. Take care!

V for Victor
02-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Music lover,

It sounds like you're in a low spot right now. It's common for anxiety/depression to go in spells. You'll do really good for a few weeks, then you'll be pretty miserable for a few weeks. It'll pass.

But if you feel as though you're being buried alive and don't have the energy to fight anymore, it may be time to consider going on some medication to help level you out so you can think clearly again.

If you haven't done so already, perhaps you should see a doctor about going on some medication.

Music_lover
02-01-2007, 05:32 PM
I have had this before, getting sad for a while, and then it goes away. I'm afraid to take meds. becuase of the side effects and everything. I'm afraid they will make me act different and get like suicidal or something. :?

-Holly

V for Victor
02-01-2007, 07:18 PM
I completely understand your concern. I was terrified to take medication, and when it was finally prescribed to me, it took me a week and a half to work up the nerve to actually take the little pill. I had done extensive research on it, and convinced myself that it would kill me.

But I finally did take it, and nothing bad happened. I kept taking it, and soon I was feeling better than I had in years.

Music_lover
02-01-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm glad to hear it made you better. What did you take if for? Did you take anything for like depression? I'm not even sure if I have that, eh, well if you did have depression, what did you take?

V for Victor
02-01-2007, 09:34 PM
I take 40 mgs of Citalopram daily. I take it to control anxiety/depression, and OCD accordingly.

It has about the lowest occurence of sideaffects of any drug, and is very selective. (In other words, it doesn't affect things it doesn't have to in your brain.)

It is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI,) which means it doesn't trigger the production of more chemicals and hormones, it simply causes your neurons to soak in them longer.