PDA

View Full Version : New to chat

Drock31
06-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Hello everyone, I found this app, and have been reading the posts and find it most encouraging that a community like this exists. I am 31 years old and have had anxiety/panic attacks mixed with depression for about ten years. This has been a chronic problem for me, but comes and goes at various times in my life. There have been long periods of time without panic then there have been periods with frequent panic and anxiety coupled with depression. I have sought counseling over the years and have found it to be beneficial. I also have taken anti-depressants and adivan. My question for the community is why am I never quite able to get over this totally. It always seems to come and go but never stays gone. Would be interested in hearing if anyone else had similar experiences and how they finally over came once and for all. Thanks

joshbagosh
06-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Hello my name is josh.

I've just recently acquired anxiety, had it for 4 months straight now. So to tell you I know what your going through would be impossible!

But my mother-in-law has been dealing with this for 13 years and I look up to her and she helps me get through my difficult parts.

So when I read your post I thought I could give some friendly advice that I have learned from a woman who has been going through it without meds (which I think is crazy)

First she sets aside a time to worry. 20-30 minutes just a time to worry about what your struggling with, whether it be your kids, finances, work...ect. Then try your hardest to not worry about a thing, (hard I know).

Excersize-take a walk, do it routinely 4-5 days a week or every day if you want.

Relax- set aside a time to just relax. Breathing Excersize, read a book, w/e

Eat healthier

If you do these things on a routine basis you will find your anxiety levels will decrease by time. Your body and mind will get used to being relaxed instead of being so tense all the time.

Your anxiety will never go away...everyone has anxiety, it's your beliefs that make it an "illness".

Hope this helps. God bless!!!