PDA

View Full Version : new to site. please help

chvys102000
06-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Im a 30 yr old male. I've been dealing with anxiety since march of this year. I lost my uncle last year due to heart attack. So I've got this heart worry now. I've had on and off chest pains and it terrifies me. I've all kinds of test done in the few months a couple trips to the er and every thing checks out ok. Could it really be anxiety that causes all this. Its so hard to believe. I would like to hear what other people go through and how they deal with it. I have a cardiologist appt for tomorrow so hopefully I can get some reassurance.

brittany09
06-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Yes,anxiety gives people the strangest symptoms. Chest pain is one,and chronic worrying that doesn't make sense is another. You will feel better after going to your appointment. Maybe after that you could go see your doc for anxiety. I've had GAD for 2 years,and have experienced both mild and severe anxiety. I've had every symptom there is. I choose to not take medication. I have a prescription to lorazepam,which comforts me to know I have it just in case but I never take it. I take magnesium,that's good for anxiety sufferers. I just work on positive thinking,since most anxiety starts when people develop negative thinking habits. Like for you,you probably instantly jump to the conclusion your having a heart attack. You can retrain your brain to realize it's just anxiety by staying positive and learning all there is to know about anxiety. Staying busy is huge. If your always doing something,you don't have time to be anxious.

alankay
06-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Yep, anxiety and heart fears very often go hand in hand. It did for me. Alankay

chvys102000
06-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks guys. Im currently on Prozac and it was just upped last week. I have xanax for when I really need it but im trying not to take it.

joshbagosh
06-20-2012, 10:17 AM
I had constant chest pains for a good two months...I had blood work, chest X-ray, urine tests, EKG, stress echo, all done and came back normal. I got heart palps and flutters as well!

It takes time to get rid of it. I don't know if you notice or not but most of your chest pains are caused from you tensing your peck muscles. Try getting a heat pad and placing it on your chest this also helps for the strong pains!

Hope this helps! God bless!

chvys102000
06-20-2012, 10:32 AM
If it makes since the pains feel like they are above my ribs. Kinda like I can almost touch the pain when its there.