PDA

View Full Version : chest pains

Robert James Croft
06-20-2012, 02:57 AM
Hey id like to clear something up. When ever i stress or argue i get really hurting tightness chest pains. So i lie down and wake up in the morning and its gone until i stress or argue or anxious again. Now it feels in the heart area . Sometimes it hurts so bad. Its so hard to think its only pain it will go away . Because it right feels in the heart area. Now i no if it s a heart attack it would not stop and get stronger its just awfull .:( always think the worse. Thanks for reading rob x

Dr0418
06-20-2012, 07:35 PM
I have the same thing happen to me all the time. The pain is gone when I can relax myself but immediately returns when I think about it or my stress or anger returns. I always fear it's a heart attack but also fear going to the dr. But it will go away for months at a time but then show up again and I can't get it to stop. So frustrating.

dazza
06-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Hi Robert (and Dr0418)

This is perferctly normal.

Remember; in a panic situation, adrenalin is rushed to various muscles including our chest wall (and the heart). The chest wall tightens and hardens to provide some protection against danger (like a shield) and this is the sensation you feel.

It is often worse in front of the heart because our bodies are deliberately protecting this vital area more than other areas.

Also remember; if you were having a heart attack you'd feel like shit, basically.
Heart attacks are like a massive crushing on the chest (like you have an elephant sitting on it). You are unable to breath and you rapidly lose consciousness.
Your left arm and neck is often also very painful.

Heart attacks are also mostly caused by blockages to/from the heart. Blockages that slowly build up over the years.
If you had problems in this area then you'd already be struggling to walk, breath and generally feel unwell as the impending heart attack approaches.

It doesn't hurt to get your heart checked out, however - just to put your mind at rest.

anxietykidd
06-21-2012, 02:28 AM
Heart check you mean like EKG?

brittany09
06-21-2012, 07:44 AM
If you were having a heart attack,you would be on the floor in excruciating pain unable to function. It's easy to jump to that conclusion with anxiety though,when your worry about even simple things chest pain can seem dangerous. Symptoms start to go away when your anxiety levels are brought down.