PDA

View Full Version : Bad panic attack

feelingalone
06-19-2012, 04:43 PM
So today I had a bad panic attack in fact im still having one I'm constantly worrying I'm going to die and getting an attack today my attack happened in work and lucky enuf I did not have to leave I'm new to this forum and wondering what I can do stop these!!!!!!!

laurandisorder
06-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Have you been to a doctor about your anxiety and panic attacks? If not, I would really advise that you consult with someone and get a referral to a psychiatrist or psychologist to help you manage.

Cut out all caffeine and stimulants, eat a healthy diet, stay hydrated and get some exercise. Even walking for half an hour a day can really help.

I'm super proud of you for rising it out at work - I have been there and it has been so bad that I have had to leave on one occasion. Breathing exercises can really help. I use an iPhone app called relax lite to help me manage my breathing in times of great stress and I also have Valium prescribed to help me through my worst attacks.

Good luck getting through this. You aren't alone.

feelingalone
06-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Thank you laurandisorder I have been to doctors before and was prescribed Xanax but did not really want to be on pills lately I had bad attacks lately but today I was really positive and happy do here's hoping