PDA

View Full Version : Stopped meds

amberhs27
06-18-2012, 11:27 PM
O I haven't been taking my celexa for 2 days now it was getting where I had anxiety 3 weeks after taking them. They upped my dosage n it made it worse. Has anyone stopped their antidepressants and felt jittery and shaky afterwards? I hate what the meds do to me. I havent had anxiety since I stopped my celxa. Called my dr today to ask what to do n they never called back! Any advice

Buttercup
06-19-2012, 03:13 AM
It's very common to get withdrawl symptoms especially if you stop then suddenly. Since your body has become used to the drug it wonders what the hell is going on when that drug is suddenly stopped and can react in lots of different ways. I don't want to preach but you should never just stop taking medication even if the med is making you feel crap, you have to wean yourself off it slowly along with getting your doctor's advice. For instance if you are on 30mg then cut back to 20 for a couple of weeks, then to 15mg or 10 for a few weeks and so on. I have had a couple of periods of reducing my SSRI and felt bad for awhile and that was just reducing not stopping totally- fatigue, shakes, palpitations, what felt like jolts of electricity going through my brain and my vision was affected. Unfortunately meds can be hard to come off. I would say you should try and call your doc again and go back on the meds and then reduce slowly before stopping completely.