PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I cant Breath

savannah
06-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Ok so i have had anxiety ever since my mom died of cancer, i always think there is something wrong with me, to the point that i dont even want to drive to another town bc im afraid something will happen and a ambulance wont make it there on time, I have never taken medicine bc im afraid that i will have a allergic reaction or something bad will happen, my dr prescribed me paxil but i havent taken it, and now for 3 wks i have felt like i cant breath very well, i went to the dr and they done a breathing test and a ekg and everything was fine but i am still worring that i have asthma or something, do you guys think its just anxiety or have you ever had this problem?

cat eyes
06-17-2012, 07:54 PM
I am going through the same thing. It's all anxiety.

CarJim75
06-17-2012, 08:16 PM
It is anxiety. Sorry to hear about your mom, try chamomile tea and breathing techniques, it helps relieve some of the anxiety.

Also, I would recommend reading Dr. Claire Weekes book, Hope and Help for Your Nerves. It helped me understand anxiety better.

savannah
06-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Ok im trying to stay calm and not freak out bc thats what i want to do, its so hard to tell yourself that its just anxiety

AnxiousChic
06-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Anxiety! Happened to me last month. 6 days it lasted (the shortness of breath).
I'm fine now.

PanicCured
06-20-2012, 04:31 AM
Google Buteyko breathing exercises for anxiety and hyperventilation syndrome and see if it applies.

savannah
06-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Ok..... Im stiill freaking out right now and need someone to talk to i feel like the test was wrong and i cant breath very well.... somone please give advice

HeatherD3584
06-28-2012, 11:28 PM
My mom died from cancer as well, so I know exactly what you are dealing with. I live in constant fear of something happening to me as well. And going to the doctor and getting checking out was a good idea. Just keep telling yourself it is your anxiety. When I find myself short of breath and it feels like I can't breathe, I barrel through and continue on with what I was doing. You know it's your anxiety so you have to trust what your doctor has told you. Plus, if you really couldn't breathe, you'd know it.

Do you have someone you can talk to or see, whenever this happens? I know I run straight to my boyfriend and five him a huge hug. Sounds corny but just that close contact with someone calms me down.

What happened to others will not necessarily happen to us. We write our own story. Remember that.

savannah
06-28-2012, 11:50 PM
well I had just got done having a sore throat and now i have this cough that makes me feel like i have a tickle in the back of my throat and i have been waking up at night gasping for air, welll i used to do that when i was pregnant and had acid reflux well now i feel like i cant breath very well and so i looked up the sypmtoms to asthma and one of them is a cough and feeling like you cant breath but the dr done a spirometry test in his office it wasnt the big thourough one and he said it was normal but im still freaking out that i have asthma or something

missfoxC
06-29-2012, 12:39 AM
I do the same thing! I'm laying in bed feeling like I can't breath and coughing and convincing myself that I have asthma! It's crazy!! I just wanna fall asleep normally for one night!

HeatherD3584
06-30-2012, 01:16 AM
well I had just got done having a sore throat and now i have this cough that makes me feel like i have a tickle in the back of my throat and i have been waking up at night gasping for air, welll i used to do that when i was pregnant and had acid reflux well now i feel like i cant breath very well and so i looked up the sypmtoms to asthma and one of them is a cough and feeling like you cant breath but the dr done a spirometry test in his office it wasnt the big thourough one and he said it was normal but im still freaking out that i have asthma or something

How are you feeling???