PDA

View Full Version : Still don't believe it's just anxiety

IloveGod
06-17-2012, 01:04 PM
These are my symptoms: constant head pressure and migraines on both sides of head, dehydrated, feeling like throat will close, insomnia, diarrhea. I really believe I have some illness that doctors can't detect. I was just at the ER on Friday and got blood work done, urine test and a cat scan. It was normal. When I left, they said it was anxiety. I don believe it at all. Now it's Sunday and I feel worse. Even the guy at a vitamin store said he believed it wasn't anxiety. I'm sick of this whether anxiety or not. Now, I was on Geodon at 20 mg in March, I didn't like the side effects and stopped. I haven't been right since and the doctor never said it would be side effects or withdrawal. They deny me feeling like this is from the medicine Geodon. I don't know I'm at my wits end and these symptoms and scary. My family says I worry about it too much but wouldn't they if it was them who was dealing with it. I even been told its a demon. It really can't be anxiety can It? What if it's an incurable disease or something?

GadGal
06-17-2012, 05:01 PM
To me you sound exactly the same as me I'm always at the doctors thinking something is wrong with me and I always get proved wrong! It's your anxiety I truly believe that honestly but if you are really that stressed don't worry in the mean time but maybe see another doctor and talk about your concerns, if u have had numerous tests done there is probably nothing to stress about but you could ask if there is anymore tests you could do to make yourself at ease? Or you could talk to a therapist and I'm sure he/she will be able to tell you if your symptoms are due to your anxiety, goodlck try not to worry you have done tests and you are fine and from the sounds of things it definatley sounds like anxiety to me.
I have a similar story not exactly the same but here goes:
I have always been worried about pregnancy and once I was so convinced I was pregnant I had blood test and urine and everything I even got my period but I was still convinced. I even started getting pregnancy symptoms because I had convinced myself that bad, the mind does play tricks on you. Hope I have helped somewhat :)

bullyMeNever
06-18-2012, 07:55 AM
I was on geodon, and yes it destroys your nervous system and makes you shake with nervousness. I honestly think the doctors prescribe it on purpose just to laugh at you when you get worse.

All the best doctors in the world would tell you to stop taking ANY medz from big pharma and seek natural remedies.

Until you find a real doctor, you should take benadryl to heal the side effects from the geodon.

bhamlaxy
06-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Even the guy at a vitamin store said he believed it wasn't anxiety.
So you don't trust your doctors, blood work, cat scans, etc., but you will trust some random guy at a vitamin store (who probably wants to sell you expensive supplements)?

You have to learn to trust your doctors. Each and every one of your symptoms is a symptom of anxiety. Every single one. Doctors have a moral and financial reason to find out if something is wrong with you- If they found something, that would mean they could make money off it! They didn't, so you are totally fine.

You can accept this fact and work on your anxiety, or spend time and money on doctors so they can all tell you it's anxiety. Pure and simple.

All the best doctors in the world would tell you to stop taking ANY medz from big pharma and seek natural remedies.

Until you find a real doctor, you should take benadryl to heal the side effects from the geodon.
Just had to have a laugh at this. In the same paragraph-

"Don't take any meds from big pharma"
"Go take some benadryl" (made by Johnson and Johnson, one of the biggest pharma companies in the world)

alankay
06-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah my dog feels squirels have a conspiracy with the cat to drive him nuts and I'm putting stuff in his food made by.................................Purina. See how it works! Even the kid at the grocery says squirels are up to no good and he say chimpmunks ar even worse. And theres' the proof!!!!! Let's not go into the water and flouridation!!! :) Alankay

PanicCured
06-18-2012, 09:32 PM
I know what you mean. It's like you wish you could know exactly what is the fundamental mechanism for every bodily symptom. There probably is a mix of psychological and actual real things happening physiologically. The question is if these are harmful in any way or if it is a sign of a real disease. It's like the heart may be beating really fast, that isn't imaginary, but is it caused from disease or is it a natural affect from adrenaline? Do you have chest pains from your coronary arteries being clogged, or did you tighten up your chest muscles from so much stress and tension?

So that is why we go to the doctors and get the full on check up to rule disease out. Once that is ruled out, and we have been told it's anxiety, then what? What does "ANXIETY" mean? It isn't tangible. It's not something we can touch or even see. What does that word mean? What are all the things going on that is under the heading of "ANXIETY"? Is the doctor saying we are causing our symptoms but how we think and act? Does that mean if we completely changed our mindset and bad habits, these symptoms would all go away?