PDA

View Full Version : My very own grandfather inflicted agoraphobia on me, and then laughed about it.

bullyMeNever
06-17-2012, 10:12 AM
I wanted to share with others who are suffering from agoraphobia that it is possible to overcome it. You don't have to be that way forever. The only thing is that it doesn't happen overnight. And to make things worse, if you don't have family and friends that truly support you in your recovery, you will be stifled in your reprieve.

I did not even realize what my grandfather was doing to me until it was too late. He would scare me out of my sleep with screams, loud noises, and seriously hurtful insults. After a while I did not want to get up out of bed or go outside because he somehow managed to convince the neighborhood to participate in their abuse of me.

I tried to snap out of it, but that just made them try harder. Now I really don't know what is going to happen, but at least I have my talents, and I am working on my art so that someday I will be able to make good money on it and share it with people who would actually appreciate it.