PDA

View Full Version : Protect yourself from the bulllies around you.

bullyMeNever
06-17-2012, 10:02 AM
I know most people would say, "Just ignore them when they talk about you. Just brush them off when they insult you."

But what if those bullies are harassing you every day, all day? What if they are drowning you in reminders of what is wrong with you?

What if they intrude on your personal business, your health, whatever secrets you want to keep to yourself, and them use them to torment you with?

That is when they have gone to far, and our American Civil Righst protects us from persecution. There is a reason it is illegal to harass someone, it starts off as a misdemeanor, but eventually, those people who verbally abuse you, become felons. Judges consider bullying beyond any reasonable tolerance, attempted murder.

So if someone is going out of their way to hurt your feelings, you need to do whatever it takes to stop them.

Drown them in fear, trounce them in loathing, and maybe they will learn a valuable lesson for trying to hurt you.

Buttercup
06-17-2012, 05:18 PM
So if someone is going out of their way to hurt your feelings, you need to do whatever it takes to stop them.

Drown them in fear, trounce them in loathing, and maybe they will learn a valuable lesson for trying to hurt you.

But then would that not make you as bad as them? And depending on what you do to stop them then that will also make you a felon.

bullyMeNever
06-18-2012, 07:44 AM
But then would that not make you as bad as them? And depending on what you do to stop them then that will also make you a felon.

Yes you are right, the bullies around me have committed a felony against me by tormenting me for years.

But I have learned that the people who insult you would never call the cops when you pick your head up and defend yourself.

MainerMikeBrown
07-22-2012, 12:07 PM
When I was a teen, I never found that ignoring bullies helped. Actually, it gave the bullies more reason to use me as their own personal punching bag.

n1ck13
08-12-2012, 04:18 AM
That's EXACTLY what I'm finding :( if I ignore them it makes it worse, if I tell them to stop, it makes it worse...

littlelightning
08-27-2012, 12:12 PM
That's EXACTLY what I'm finding :( if I ignore them it makes it worse, if I tell them to stop, it makes it worse...

First, Im sorry you are dealing with this. No one should have to endure this.

Secondly, accept that to some extent you can't really change these people or control what they do.

BUT, you can control what you do and the friends you surround yourself with.

Pursue the good & positive with a hungry passion.

Ask yourself how can you create opportunities for happiness and joy for yourself.

Now here's the harder part, ask yourself how can I create happiness and joy for others? Think about your family first, then your friends, then your colleagues, then your superiors.

It seemed that when I had a cause to get behind or help someone else, the negative people didn't matter to me any more.

My mother calls it righteous anger because I lifted up others and defended what was right in a positive proactive way. My parents' friends nicknamed me Pepper. My classmates nicknamed me The Sheriff. And my teachers trusted me a great deal.

This probably doesn't help but just know that with time we all get through difficulties. Just keep talking about it with family and friends and places like this.

MainerMikeBrown
09-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Their's that old saying, "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me."

Nothing could be further from the truth when you are being bullied.