PDA

View Full Version : Anyone suffer both anxiety & depression ???

jessy
06-17-2012, 06:44 AM
I would like to ask if anyone here suffers both anxiety & depression ??

Which do you find hardest to control & live with ?

Any advice would be greatly welcome 😊jessy

jessy
06-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Also does any one find Ad's are making them gain weight & feel sluggish ??
:-/

Absolut100
06-19-2012, 03:55 PM
I suffer from anxiety and my therapist felt as though my bouts of depression were brought about by my inability to work through my anxiety. I've been working CBT and have coupled it with medication and for now I feel much better. The CBT has really helped. My doctor took me off of Zoloft and put me on Wellbutrin because he wanted me to lose weight.

jessy
06-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi , I've never considered that my depression could be because of the anxiety . I think it makes sense that this could be the case , anxiety has had such a big impact on my life !.

I am on a AD that is known to cause weight gain , however it seems to help me better than the ssri's have so I suppose I need to decide what is most important .

I'm beginning to exercise so I'm hoping this will help .

I have had CBT therapy , many years ago , I am on a waiting list to start it again :-)

jessy
06-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Thank you for that link .
I think anxiety could be just part of who I am , I've always been this way .
I can manage the anxiety but like you point out the depression is a different thing , a very hard thing to handle .

It's a lifetime battle , I will just keep trying my best , thanks again

Jessy :-)

jessy
06-20-2012, 02:19 PM
P.s I've sent my email , so hopefully I'll get the download , this looks very interesting . Thank you do much :-)

puppymama2
07-01-2012, 10:42 PM
I find my depression gets in the way of alot things... My mom asks me to go to something with her... I'm not dressed still in bed but it's gotten better over the years since i was diagnosed in 2007 im also taking my medication too. but it's really bad during holiday breaks like Christmas and spring break and even summer! As for the anxiety it can get the best if me too, I like to do something the people in the hospital taught me called exposures... I will lets say go into a crowed store and let's say stand in it for 5 min... If I make it for that amount of time without running out then I reward my self with something small such as watching my favorite movie or going out to a restraunt I love.... Hope this helps

kad
07-02-2012, 04:23 PM
I suffer with both as well. I think my anxiety causes my depression. I just like to talk to people so I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.

sharjen
07-03-2012, 11:10 AM
I also have anxiety and depression also have severe paranoia and hypercondria not a very nice life at the mo x

kad
07-03-2012, 11:51 AM
I also have anxiety and depression also have severe paranoia and hypercondria not a very nice life at the mo x
I know exactly how you feel.. lonely isn't it?

jessy
07-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi everyone , yep a life filled with depression & anxiety is very lonely & scary & sad :-(

I can relate to almost everyone who uses this forum , it's a tough hard road .

I have accepted after 18+ years that I will
always have this & always have to live with it & get on with life regardless .

X

queenfluff
07-05-2012, 09:02 AM
I think I am the same. I am new here. I have anxiety I know but also some depression. The morning are the worst for me - I wake up sad and scared and panicy. My dr. just started me on Fluoxetine yesterday. I didn't feed good the first hours after I took it but than I felt great later in the day but I felt crappy this morning - took pill two today. I don't have much of a support system or anyone I can talk to about this - so I am glad there is somewhere like this. Life is not fair for us.

jessy
07-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Hi queen , I know just how you feel , it's especially hard when you don't have people around you , let alone people who can understand .
I'm similar , spend a lot of time on my own , have no social life .
Hope the anti depressant helps you , I tried the same one but it was not for me , everyone is different when it comes to finding the right madications
X

kad
07-05-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm still searching for the right meds - sigh..