PDA

View Full Version : Anyone suffer with horrible constant anxiety related migranes?

IloveGod
06-16-2012, 08:14 AM
How do you cope?

Fashoom
06-17-2012, 12:46 AM
I have horrible migraines. Get this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Heal-Your-Headache-Program-Taking/dp/0761125663/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339913470&sr=1-1&keywords=heal+your+headache
Don't just take my word for it. Look at the ridiculous number of people on amazon that say it worked for them. Read the book. Do what he says. Your migraines will not disappear. But they will be reduced to the minimum.

Also, don't get caught up in whether your anxiety causes your migraines or vice versa. The mind and the body or totally interrelated. Successful anxiety treatment will help your migraines (he says depression in the book, but it's true for anxiety too). Successful techniques for reducing your migraines will reduce your anxiety. It's a win-win.

As far as coping -- my way is there's always something to try that hopefully will make life better. Even if it's getting off something I'm on that I think is making me worse -- like right now I'm getting off pain-killers. Let me tell you that's a barrel of laughs. Oh, I guess humor is how I cope sometimes.

IloveGod
06-17-2012, 11:49 AM
I have horrible migraines. Get this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Heal-Your-Headache-Program-Taking/dp/0761125663/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339913470&sr=1-1&keywords=heal+your+headache
Don't just take my word for it. Look at the ridiculous number of people on amazon that say it worked for them. Read the book. Do what he says. Your migraines will not disappear. But they will be reduced to the minimum.

Also, don't get caught up in whether your anxiety causes your migraines or vice versa. The mind and the body or totally interrelated. Successful anxiety treatment will help your migraines (he says depression in the book, but it's true for anxiety too). Successful techniques for reducing your migraines will reduce your anxiety. It's a win-win.

As far as coping -- my way is there's always something to try that hopefully will make life better. Even if it's getting off something I'm on that I think is making me worse -- like right now I'm getting off pain-killers. Let me tell you that's a barrel of laughs. Oh, I guess humor is how I cope sometimes.

Thank you so much for the advice and book suggestion. I will buy it today. Do you suffer with insomnia too?

Fashoom
06-17-2012, 10:15 PM
I have some trouble getting to sleep at night but my sleep problem is more constant fatigue. I sleep 12+ hours a night and need a nap later too.

carlyjs
06-17-2012, 11:30 PM
I though I had the same thing I til I started taking vitamins and fish oils. Cut my migraine by 70%