PDA

View Full Version : Uh whoops, crush on therapist!

GadGal
06-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Hello everyone -_-, so stupidly excited that I have found a website like this,,
I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder with a bit of depression, and I have recently just started seeing a new therapist. I usually form crushes on people of "authority" like teachers, old school counsellor, police men etc, but I am surprised about my new crush (my therapist) because she is a lady in her mid 40's, and I am only 20yrs..
I have done some research and I believe this is called transperence?But none of the looking I did said it was normal to also have a sexual attraction towards her, and I do... I haven't been able to stop thinking about her and I have only spent 45 minutes with her rambling about myself and I don't even know much about her (besides my google searches that told me she used to be an athlete)
I have butterflies in my stomach and I am so excited to see her on Monday, how disturbing right?
Anyone with a similar story or some advice?

bhamlaxy
06-16-2012, 01:15 AM
I think that's a common thing that can pop up during therapy.

Personally, I think you might need to rethink things. It sounds like it could interfere with your therapy.

GadGal
06-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Yeah your probably right I don't want to be thinking about her I want to be thinking of myself, thanks.

Buttercup
06-16-2012, 05:07 AM
Never had a hot therapist but I do know it's a common thing to happen. When you've been struggling for so long with anxiety and felt like everything is sh** you suddenly meet this person who understands you better than anyone else, who listens and wants to help- no wonder people feel attracted to their therapists! It's like a saviour has come into your life! But as Bhamlaxy said it could interfere with your therapy. If you find that the crush is a bit excessive (ie, not just you think she's hot but you think of her all the time and fantasize about her etc) then you could perhaps ask for a male therapist.

GadGal
06-16-2012, 05:21 AM
This is so true, finally after so long someone actually cares and even though she is getting paid and it's her job at least she understands.

PanicCured
06-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Dude it;s because you have an attractive woman listening to you and giving you the attention no girl ever has. She is acting like the ideal girlfriend. Someone who truly listens. Don't be an idiot! This isn't transference. This is you are young, horny and wanting some love. Either get rid of these feelings and take the therapy session seriously, or you are wasting your time and money because is she finds out I bet she will send you to someone else. Maybe you need a guy therapist. I don't know.

GadGal
06-16-2012, 05:35 PM
I will soon found out tomorrow if I can get over these feelings and if not I'll find another, thanks for ur honesty :)

PanicCured
06-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Maybe you don't have to find another. Just be mature about it. Remember, you are there for therapy, not to flirt.