PDA

View Full Version : Post Abortion Stress

Jacinta McKie
06-15-2012, 01:26 AM
Hi all, I have always been an anxious person but ever since having my abortion 9 months ago I have been even more so anxious and incredibly depressed.
I have tried on numerous occasions to have a "replacement baby" I have even gone as far as choosing names and buying quite a few baby items.
What's even more confusing is I'm trying with the man who is my boyfriend who convinced me to have the abortion. (he has no idea of my attempts) he also has no idea how much I am suffering and too be honest I don't think he really cares.
Also what makes me more depressed is that he has 3 children already and it's hard for me to be nice to them as I resent them and even starting to really resent my boyfriend!
Also on June 13th I had to celebrate his youngest sons birthday and that is the day my child should have been born. I just started seeing a therapist I hope she can help, does anybody relate or have any advice?

Amy1986
06-15-2012, 02:41 AM
I can't relate but have had a few friends that suffered miscarriage and still births that went through deep depression and the need to be pregnant again quickly, do you mind if I ask you a question? You don't have to answer but what made you have an abortion? I think it's perfectly natural to feel how you feel, the emotional damage takes time to heal. It's going to be okay :)

Amy