PDA

View Full Version : It has returned!

abductodude
06-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Hey, guys. I posted and joined a while back, and you guys got me to a better point. So I came back.
Here is what I put on Yahoo Answers.

"I am 16 years old and have had anxiety since May of 2011. When I first got it, I would constantly have anxiety attacks, resulting in a living hell for me. I kept having them until November, when they stopped temporarily. Then I started having them in random situations, has I do now. When I get in an argument with someone, about to hang out with friends, video games, etc. Smaller situations really.

The anxiety slowed GREATLY during the school year, as I have noticed. When Summer started May 25th, it slowly started coming back. I am at home every day with full access to the internet, leading into my next case - hypochondria. EVERY time something happens, wether I am coughing for no reason, throw up a little, headache, bad breathing - I look it up. I cannot help it. I didn't really do it at all during the school year.

The main thing I search is "Severe head tics" and things of the sort. When I think about it, get the slightest bit excited about anything, sad, angry, anything, my head tics. I close my eyes for a second and my head with jerk it self to one or both sides. And right before it happens, I feel it. I have this weird, irritating feeling in my body (mainly my thighs and legs, for some reason.)

My parents have refused to listen to me ever since it started. Their line they use every time is "Get over it. It is all in your head." It sucks a lot. I can't go to the doctor, psychologist, or anything. They took me once in December and everything was normal. Now every time I ask, they say "We wasted $300 on you to find out nothing was wrong, which we told you the whole time!"

I don't know. It all scares me to death.
For additional detail, I am a pretty skinny kid who doesn't eat any form of vegetable, eats some meats, not really fruits, a lot of crap, drinks soda and some water when I go walking, and I stay up until like 2:00 or 3:00 AM every night. (the past few nights I have.)

AND I forgot to mention, last night it struck me. I was breathing fine playing my games until I went to bed at 3:45 AM. I started being scared because of my breathing. It got extremely hard to get in/out air. And I have suicidal thoughts... sometimes. Too much to explain, really."

It went away, but came back... help?

KLT
06-14-2012, 12:46 AM
As much as you can, try to focus outside yourself. For example, watch TV and really focus on what you're watching. Do whatever you need to do to occupy your mind with something other than your fears, worries, etc.
The more you can take the focus off yourself, the less stress you'll feel. Then, when you're more calm, you can tell yourself the rational things you know are true: this is just anxiety, this is a feeling and not a fact, etc.

PanicCured
06-15-2012, 01:41 AM
"Get over it. It is all in your head." is common. We all have encountered this. Blow it off. Try not to let it get to you. People that never had anxiety disorder don't get it.

You can get access to free counseling at your school counselor right?

Please read the stickies at the top of this forum.

laurandisorder
06-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Please, please, please see your school counsellor. They are trained to help you with this stuff. 1 in 5 people suffer from mental health problems and I can guarantee that many of your peers and even your teachers suffer daily like you do.

Also the diet. You HAVE to eat some decent food: fruit, veg, dairy, whole grains. Try to cut out the crap for a couple of weeks and see how much better you feel. A little bit of junk food is ok, living off the stuff will cause you a lot of problems. Drink water or caffeine free soda - avoid anything with caffeine - this is a huge anxiety trigger.

This may sound dumb, but have you considered getting a part time job? I know you have a lot on your plate, but it sounds like you need to get out of your house and out of your head and there is the bonus of earning some money.

If you don't take proactive measures to get healthy, the anxiety will come back. Mine is fueled by exhaustion (sometimes I go to work on 3-4 hours of sleep max) and I KNOW that this leads to me instantly being on edge. If I am working, I need a minimum of six hours sleep.

Good luck

abductodude
06-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Guys, I can't go to my counselor. School is out and I have no contact.
On the job: I would love to get one, but I do not drive. I could walk, but... yeah. This summer I have to do work for AP Lang (College English I am taking during Junior year) and I will start graphic design at the votech in August. Then I will have more school, drivers ed (in time), and will have to get a job. It is all hitting at once.

Any suggestions on what I could eat specifically? I don't like vegetables, but will eat them if I absolutely have to. I will do whatever it takes, because frankly as you all know, it is a living hell. AND I am a hypochondriac so I tend to look things up. Right now I think I have pneumonia because I have a slight cough, crappy breathing, and some rumbling sometimes. :/

WHY GOD.

laurandisorder
06-15-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm no dietician or food expert, but this is what I tend to eat on a daily basis:

Breakfast; bran flakes with a piece of fruit and a decaf tea.
Snack: gingerbread cookie, piece of fruit.
Lunch: vegetable soup and a slice of cheese on toast. Yoghurt.
Snack: a treat - a small donut, a couple of squares of chocolate or some potato chips.
Dinner: pasta, curry or stew with chicken and vegetables or a jacket potato with baked beans and cheese or more soup and cheese on toast.
Supper: hot chocolate.

I also try to fit in 2L of water and I'll have a couple of decaf teas throughout the day.

I also exercise. Interval running/walking 6-7km every two days with my dog.

I hope this helps - I also use an application called myfitnesspal to chart my food intake and make sure I am getting all my nutrients in.

I take supplements too: Vitamin B complex for low blood pressure, iron for anemia, multivitamin, magnesium complex and calcium for early onset osteoporosis. Beware of the Vitamin B and Calcium - they can be a bit stimulating for anxiety sufferers, but I take them because I have to.