PDA

View Full Version : work

Serenity 7
06-13-2012, 05:16 PM
i have been of my work now for 6 months.and the thought if going back to work terrifies me.i know i need to face my fear.but i tried going back.a few months ago.and my anxiety went through the roof.any advice on hos to handle this

Buttercup
06-13-2012, 06:05 PM
What have you been doing in the past 6 months to combat your anxiety? Are you on meds? Have you seen a therapist/psych?
I am due to return to work after 6 months off as well (like you I returned for a short while during that period but couldn't cope with it). I have spent the time off seeking help from my doctor, started seeing a new therapist n had some med changes. I'm just going to keep in mind all I have done over the past few months to get better and hopefully that will help x

arsenalfun
06-14-2012, 12:41 AM
Take short pauses, sleep well, drink a lot of water, try taking magnesium, it works very well.

Amy1986
06-14-2012, 01:52 AM
Hi hi

I've recently got back into work myself, a couple of weeks ago now. Do your work know your situation? What is it you do if you don't mind me asking? I was terrified too, but mostly because I had a very bad time in my line of work and it was mostly that which caused my breakdown over a year ago. But I just took it very slowly, started at two shifts a week and only up to four now. Try to focus on why your doing it rather then what it's causing you to feel. I know it's hard but if it's any comfort it will make you feel better, forcing yourself into a normal routine does work very well. I hope your first shift is okay. Let us know how it goes :)

Amy :)

Serenity 7
06-14-2012, 03:40 AM
im a retail manager,and my work know about my situation,they have been fab.i am on sertraline.but having a rather annoying side effect of grinding my teeth.dont know hos much longer i can cope with it.i have seen a phycs nurse.and she said i was on the mend.but i was feeling fab at the time.now im have a set back.im trying to change my lifestyle.but its hard

Serenity 7
06-14-2012, 03:41 AM
oh and my work was not the cause of it.i like my job and really want to go back