PDA

View Full Version : Air hunger all day. Help, please.

diver
06-12-2012, 05:49 PM
About four months ago I began to have psoriasis. I started to use Clobetasol (steroid cream). Used too many tubes. not knowing the consequences. I started having difficulty breathing (shortness of breath, air hunger). I had panic attacks on two occasions.

Ok The neurologist said that corticosteroids can affect the nervous system and cause anxiety and prescribed Xanax for a period (not yet used).

My question is: CAN BE SOMETHING ELSE? My only symptom (after stopping the clobetasol) is shortness of breath, air hunger ALL DAY. 7 DAYS A WEEK. I do not feel nervous, feel anxious due to the shortness of breath but otherwise feel well. I do not understand.

It may be something else? In this link below people taking numerous hypotheses of what might be, I do not really know what to think.

w w w. medhelp.org/posts/Respiratory-Disorders/Straining-to-complete-yawn--yawning-all-day--feel--i-just-need-a-deep-breath/show/14710

w w w. medhelp.org/posts/Respiratory-Disorders/Cant-get-a-deep-breath---Difficulty-Breathing/show/590907

w w w . airhunger.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=985

forums. bettermedicine.com/showthread.php/16165-air-hunger-no-other-symptoms/page3

Since as far as I know the shortness of breath in anxiety occurs only in times of crisis or because of something specific. My shortness of breath is the day!

laurandisorder
06-14-2012, 08:58 AM
I would go and have a consult with your Doctor. Just to confirm that it isn't anything else related to your breathing.

It is very unusual to have air hunger ALL the time and not experience any other symptoms of panic or anxiety.

PanicCured
06-15-2012, 01:37 AM
BUTEYKO. Google all about Buteyko breathing. Check out Patrick McKeowns Anxiety book as well. Buteyko! Hyperventilation Syndrome. Air hunger I had all day long. I practiced Buteyko breathing and it was a huge help. But of course, it's always good to rule stuff out by getting the proper tests from your doctor. Once you get a clean bill of health it's an easy ride.