PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack!!!

missfoxC
06-12-2012, 01:21 AM
So it's 220 in the morning and I'm sitting in the ambulance parking lot terrified my throat is closing and deep down knowing its a pa but that anxious little part of me says im dying! Ughghhh this is not how I wanna live!!!

hopeNfaith88
06-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Ive been there! Just recline your seat and try to relax. Stay there until the PA passes and you feel like you can go home. Do you have anything you could take for your anxiety?

missfoxC
06-12-2012, 01:46 AM
I have Valium but I can't take it when I have my little girl! Ugh. I hate this feeling and just need relief!! I'm scared and feeling completely alone and CRAZY!!!

brittany09
06-13-2012, 02:17 PM
I feel ya. Try breathing into a paper bag and doing something distracting. Works for me. I know you feel crazy but a lot of people get panic attacks so your definitely not alone.

PanicCured
06-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Miss Fox, can you now see what a bluff the whole thing was? Can you now see what a joke it was and how you didn't need to go to a safe place? Do you see how the next time this happens, you don't need to seek medical help, all you need to do is sit still, calm your breathing, not deep over breathing, but calm and light breathing. and let it pass over you without fighting it?
It is very important to really see all this clearly. You probably have all these shameful emotions but they won't serve you. You didn't do anything wrong. But you need to see the panic attack for what it was and not to fall for this bluff the next time it creeps up.

missfoxC
06-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Last night I had a pa and managed to control it without jumping up and pacing around my house for hours wondering if I should call 911! Some days are better than others and thankfully the last day or so have been ok! Knock on wood. this weekend we are planning a trip a couple hours from home and im already starting to worry a little! Far from home car rides are a huge deal for me! 30 minutes is to far... Im getting my mind set right right now! Pray for me!!

arsenalfun
06-14-2012, 12:33 AM
Just stay strong and don't let anxiety control you. Good luck