PDA

View Full Version : Hi!!

Hopeful
01-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi, I'm new. I don't have attacks but I do suffer from Anxiety issues. I don't know how long I have had but just found out that is what I have. I am coping better that I know what it, but still could use a little help.

melanie0786
01-30-2007, 09:46 PM
What are your attacks like? Are they physical or just like spiraling thoughts?

Hopeful
01-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Both. I get chest pains, tingeling in the hands, Sometime I think I'm going to forget to breath, head aches, muscle tensions, the biggest physical is getting dizzy. My thoughts, some nights I'm afraid of sleeping because I'm afraid I'm going to die. This freaked me out for a long time. I'm also afraid to drive on the freeway because I think I'm going to get in a horrible accident. There is no reason for thinking this. Just started happening. I don't know if this is part of it but I shake really bad when people are mad at me, even if I don't like the person.

jitters
01-31-2007, 03:45 AM
These are very common fears and symptoms. Sounds like you have the typical panic attack symptoms. CBT will probably be very helpful along with talking about your issues. This may help you to face the causes of your fears and hopefully face the fear and do it anyway. Try not to do too much at once take things one day at a time.

Any questions, Just ask.

Duncan

Hopeful
01-31-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks Duncan!! I'll have to look into that.