PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm impatient

Velrose
06-11-2012, 08:34 AM
but I feel like I've lost myself. The changes with this anxiety coming on so fast have really been rough. Two weeks ago I was happy.... I felt good and I could function. Now... I just feel like a mess.... I feel so broken. I have a family to care for, and I'm having a hard time doing so. I start therapy Wednesday morning, and I'm on zoloft as of Friday, but I just... this is so rough. I know all of you know that too...so I guess... I'm just trying to vent a bit, to get these feelings out of my head.

bhamlaxy
06-11-2012, 09:23 AM
The zoloft should help quite a bit. It will take time to kick in, but when my antidepressant kicked in it was a phenomenal change. If you have full on panic attacks, maybe talk to your doc about a benzo to keep the edge off until the zoloft kicks in.

In the mean time look forward to therapy, and right off the bat (after introduction and background) try and get some tools to relax. It sounds like you are pretty stressed about all this. Not sure what you have tried in the past, but chamomile tea, hot baths, meditation, breathing exercises, etc. can all work wonders to help aid in relaxation.

beeben
06-11-2012, 09:46 AM
I know it seems hard Velrose - where can you start to unravel this but you are doing the right thing in seeing a therapist.
It would be interesting to hear if your therapist agrees with you starting zoloft, if you have depression or extreme anxiety he/she will agree that it may bring your anxiety down so that he/she can being working with you but if it is not that extreme it will make their job harder as all anti depressants mask the condition and fog the mind. drugs are a very last resort - give your therapist a chance first.

Velrose
06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
I know it seems hard Velrose - where can you start to unravel this but you are doing the right thing in seeing a therapist.
It would be interesting to hear if your therapist agrees with you starting zoloft, if you have depression or extreme anxiety he/she will agree that it may bring your anxiety down so that he/she can being working with you but if it is not that extreme it will make their job harder as all anti depressants mask the condition and fog the mind. drugs are a very last resort - give your therapist a chance first.

If I can fix this without long term use of the drugs, then I will! I was on zoloft a few years ago but I only stayed on it for a few months while I was going to therapy then for some anxiety issues. Up until recently, I've been med free, and more or less anxiety free (well... I've had NORMAL anxiety.) So I have hope for the therapy again, especially since this lady will be specializing in anxiety.