PDA

View Full Version : My first post

hollirae1982
06-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Holli & I live in Las Vegas. I've been suffering with severe anxiety for about 7 years now. I've lived a hellacious life, as I'm sure most of us with any form of anxiety have.

I lost both my parents separately in 2000 while I was still in high school, I've gone through bad relationships, a divorce & a lot of other loss. In October of 2010, I took immediate custody of my new born nephew when he & my sister tested positive for meth. She fled the state & I became his mom. 14 months in, my sister decided she wanted him back. He's been gone 6 months today ((lives in Missouri)) and I feel like I have a gaping hole in my heart. During my 14 months being his mom, I didn't have any anxiety. I was too busy being the most perfect thing in this world's mom.

My entire family was worried about me, and I know I'm doing better than everyone believed I would be, but I have my rough days ((yesterday & today for example)). I let work stress build up & then I just cry.

I also suffer from freeway anxiety. No one understands what I'm going through... I've gone to 2 therapists in the last 5 years, but I'm still where I started. I hope to get some relief here.

Holli

Triggerless
06-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Hey Holli

Looks like we both signed up about the same time.

I know that it feels like no one understands what you'e going through but reading a lot of member's stories here and actually we all do share a lot of thoughts and challenges, including frustrations when it feels like the medical professionals and therapists can't help or make it worse. Still looking for a silver bullet here too....