PDA

View Full Version : HEAD PRESSURE AND SPIKES/PROZAC???

Modularman
01-30-2007, 09:48 AM
I get and feeling of pressure in my head and face, It just comes on, work, home, anytime. I check my blood pressure and its up to 170/85 with pulse of about 90 or higher. Some times it goes down in a short time, some times its like that all day at work. My doctor has had me on atenelol for years. I am now taking 100mg, 50 in the am and he wants me to take 50 at night. sometimes everything is already good like 125/70 pulse 68 and Im afraid to take the next dose so I dont. I dont want it to go down to low. He said so what? He also wants me to take prozac and Im afraid to take that from what Ive read. no other symptoms I guess. I dont want to get further messed up on the prozac. Would this help the pressure in my face and head and blood pressure spikes anyway? Any comments would help. Please give me you input to this.

jitters
01-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Take the meds high blood pressure is a symptom of anxiety. It is also more dangerous than low blood pressure. If the doctor thought that it would be an issue he would have said so. We need to have a little faith hard as it is for us worriers to let go of control. Just gotta accept we aint House M.D.

Duncan