PDA

View Full Version : I would rather _______ then live with anxiety

nf1234
06-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Hey folks! I was just thinking how much I hate anxiety and to me it is one of the worst possible things someone can suffer. Anyways I thought it would be fun to see peoples answers to the following "I would rather ________ then have to live with anxiety". It doesn't have to be exactly in those words but I'd like to hear some peoples responses. I think it would be a good venting tool.

For example I am pretty sure that I would take a bullet (not fatal) if I could trade it for never having anxiety again.

leahbreanne
06-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Ha! Good idea! I can't even think of anything. I would rather do basically any other horrible thing in life than have to deal with anymore anxiety. I hate the way I feel all the time!

laurandisorder
06-10-2012, 02:59 AM
I'd take a non fatal bullet or lose a finger or toe (or both), I'd also skydive (I'm plane phobic), bungee jump or do pretty much anything painful or exhilarating to ensure I'd never have a panic attack or have to worry about anxiety again...

On a very shallow note, I wouldn't shave my head :)

fisher
06-10-2012, 05:37 AM
Ha ha i would shave my head just wear a wig till it grows back lol x

Buttercup
06-10-2012, 08:27 AM
I was talking to my therapist the other day and she asked me if I could have three wishes what would they be. My first wish was naturally to get rid if the physical symptoms of my anxiety. I can deal with the thoughts but hate the symptoms! I'm happy to have anxiety in situations that need it- flight/fight responses are important but not when you're just trying to do everyday tasks. In a way I am glad that I have had anxiety as it has made me a apprciate life a lot more, has made me more caring and understanding and turned me into a stronger person. But I would do anything to guarantee I'd never have a panic attack again! Seriously, anything!! I'd give up my flat, my job, I'd shave my head, I'd run naked down the street!

chaos
06-10-2012, 12:44 PM
I would rather punch myself in the face than have anxiety

Velrose
06-11-2012, 09:31 PM
I would rather have root canals on all of my teeth than have anxiety.

hopeNfaith88
06-12-2012, 12:03 AM
I would donate a kidney to my worst enemy, eat a sea cucumber, and finally id pluck off all my toenails one by one then dip my feet into a vat of rubbing alcohol if it meant feeling normal again!!!

angie
06-12-2012, 07:46 AM
I would ride a roller coaster!!! (one of my biggest fears) or even go sky diving if it meant never ever to feel this way again😒

Velrose
06-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Ewwww sea cucumber. Those things are so nasty looking!

hopeNfaith88
06-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Ewwww sea cucumber. Those things are so nasty looking!

Ew i know, so sick lol but id do it to live anxiety free for sure!!!

An asian kid cooked it and brought it as a dish at multicultural day when i was in middle school. So i know its edible and eaten in some places lmao but i just couldnt try it. It was sliced it looked like cookies!!

Velrose
06-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Ew i know, so sick lol but id do it to live anxiety free for sure!!!

An asian kid cooked it and brought it as a dish at multicultural day when i was in middle school. So i know its edible and eaten in some places lmao but i just couldnt try it. It was sliced it looked like cookies!!

Back when we had cable one of my favorite shows to watch was the show with Andrew Zimmern on Travel channel, Bizarre Foods or whatever.... SO GROSS watching them prepare a sea cucumber to be eaten! <gag>

Buttercup
06-12-2012, 04:37 PM

lol, I feel sick!

Velrose
06-12-2012, 05:54 PM
hehehehehe

Seriously? Who looks at that and says,"Hmm... that would be a yummy dinner!"

hopeNfaith88
06-13-2012, 01:04 AM
Ewwww lol the things are like sick giant slugs but worse. Idfk. Would anyone else rather eat a bite of that SeA cUcUmBeR than live with anxiety??

brittany09
06-13-2012, 02:05 PM
I'd rather be a roofer...LOL I'm so afraid of heights that I can't even be 15 feet up in the air!!!

hopeNfaith88
06-29-2012, 12:52 AM
I'd rather be a roofer...LOL I'm so afraid of heights that I can't even be 15 feet up in the air!!!

Would u eat a sea cucumber whilst laying down shingles? :)

EMZ
06-29-2012, 07:45 AM
I would sell my car if i didnt have to live with anxiety. Or run down the street naked lol. I just want to feel normal again.

wantmylifeback
06-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah I would go sky diving or go on a crazy roller coaster with with up side downs and crazy heights. Heights are one of my biggest fears! Fuck.. I'll loose a finger to never feel this way again!