PDA

View Full Version : Hello

SylvinaKaris
06-07-2012, 06:12 AM
My name is Jess, and I've suffered from a severe case of social anxiety for as long as I can remember. It's gotten progressively worse through the years and since overtaken much of the areas in my life, to the extent of causing me difficulty in developing new frienships with people and communicating with distant relatives. I always feel shy, judged, inhibited and honestly, feel like I can't live this way much longer. I need help and support. My mother has constantly tried to offer all the assistance she has been able to, but I just don't want to burden her with my phobias anymore. Please, just try to help me in as best a way as you can, guys.

gibster15
06-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Hey Jess. I know it's hard. I've had anxiety for about a year now. When it first came on I felt exactly as you do.... Shy, distant, scared..... I would just go crazy in my mind trying to figure out why and how to fix this! I'm a personal trainer and a dietary aid, so I know how to make someone strong physically, but mentally is a different thing... How do you make your mind stronger. Well listen here. The key for me was to stop trying to figure out why you have anxiety and to start realizing that you do. Once you accept the fact that you have anxiety you can then work on strengthening your mind. It's something that can't be forced away... I've yelled and thought the worst of things when I had severe anxiety but until I knew what it was I couldn't help myself. Yes you have anxiety, social issues that stem from it and other phobias, but u can learn to deal with them. If I can help someone to get in shape and change there body make them strong physically, why can't we train are brains to be strong mentally.

SylvinaKaris
06-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I literally do feel as if I'm going out of my mind at the moment, but your words helped soothe my anxiety a little bit. I'll try to apply the advice you've given me, although I currently feel so overwhelmed by my anxiety issues that I feel almost completely overtaken by them.