PDA

View Full Version : newbie here

Lisa123
06-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Hello all, my name is Lisa and I am new to this forum. I am 24 and live with panic disorder, agoraphobia, ocd and hypochondria. I don't really have any friends in my life that understand what I go through so I am really looking to make some new friends who understand what it's like, some people I can talk to and learn from, and also help if I can.I have never been on a site like this so I feel a bit awkward and don't know what else to say so I will leave it at this for the time being. Thank you =)

fisher
06-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Hello lisa,i have only just joined aswell,i have a health phobia and can get anxiety,horrible thing to have,i am going into hospital on the 17th july to have a c section because cant deliver my baby natural so can u imagine how i feel now i am so scared,i am thinking the worst now that something is going to happen,so how long have you been suffering hun?x

Lisa123
06-07-2012, 11:45 AM
I can definitely sympathize with the health anxiety. I am constantly focused on a new disease our health problem that I am convinced I have. It currently it a brain tumor that I am worried about, or brain to problems in general. My doctor insists it is just anxiety and it might be but I can't get it out of my head that there is something wrong with my brain. I am sorry you are going through this, it is a very difficult situation I can only imagine being pregnant would intensify these fears, but I will be sending good thoughts your way and hey if you need anyone to talk to feel free to send me a message anytime. I have been suffering from all of this for as long as I can remember but it has intensified in the past 6 months.. I really do wish the best for you though, it's tough dealing with this but hopefully you have found some help on here =)

EMZ
06-09-2012, 11:22 AM
hello. Can i ask what your ocd symptoms are?

alankay
06-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Obsessive-compulsive disorder is an anxiety disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (obsessions), or behaviors that make them feel driven to do something (compulsions).

Often the person carries out the behaviors to get rid of the obsessive thoughts, but this only provides temporary relief. Not performing the obsessive rituals can cause great anxiety.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001926/#adam_000929.disease.symptoms.
Alankay