PDA

View Full Version : Suicide

Marcille1998
06-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Hey... I think I'm going to kill myself... I don't belong, and nobody wants me anyway. I'm of very little importance to the world. So... I don't know I thought I should say that...

Beautiful Disaster
06-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Things may seem really bad right now but I promise they will get better. Have you seen a doctor or sought treatment? Depression has a way of making you see the world differently but it doesn't have to be that way. Please don't do anything drastic. I'm sure there are many people who care about you... More than you realize.

Marcille1998
06-05-2012, 07:03 PM
I've gone to therapy, partial programs, and I've been in and out of hospitals. They only have a short term effect.

Beautiful Disaster
06-05-2012, 07:14 PM
How old are you? How long have you had these issues?

alankay
06-06-2012, 06:19 AM
I hate to ask but have you stayed on any meds that were prescribed? Believe it or not, we all belong and have something to give the world. Sometimes we just cannot see that. Alankay

jessy
06-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Suicide is not the answer .
Please reach out for help , believe me I've been where you are & I can say from experience that trying to kill yourself is not the answer .
Please talk to someone , you can get some help ,
Go to your g.p & tell him of your thoughts & feelings .
Nothing is as bad as it seems & a poorly mind needs help .
If you need to talk pm me
Jessy

CoolMist80
06-14-2012, 08:02 PM
My heart goes out to you. I too have been feeling this way on and off for the last 20 years. I'm 32. my advice is to see if there is anything in your life that you may be able to get on board with. There has to be something, right? Something you enjoy doing. If you have one good listener around, buy them a coffee and sit down for a while for a chat.

If you don't mind me asking, what life events are going on right now that are causing you to want to commit suicide? Anything in particular or has it been going on for some time?

mommywoman
06-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Marcille1998, please don't do anything like that. If you really feel as though you might, try calling a suicide hotline. If that is not enough, then go to a hospital. If you can't drive yourself, then call 911 or whatever the emergency number is where you live. I've actually done that. I was too distraught to drive myself. There really are people who care about you. Many people just don't know how to be supportative, some people are afraid so they bury their heads in the sand or sadly, they are so consumed by things in their own lives that they don't see what's going on around them. I can almost guarantee that they would be devastated if you hurt yourself. What you need, I think based on y give you my own experience, is to first visit a psychiatrist so he can determine exactly what is wrong. From there he will likely give you meds to help your "condition". Then you should seek some regularly scheduled outpatient therapy, unless your psychiatrist suggests otherwise. After I called for an ambulance they took me to a.hospital, I was released after 5 days. The psychiatrist there diagnosed me and gave me meds. When I got out, I went to another psychiatrist to be evaluated. He came up with a different diagnosis and prescribed different meds. Then, I started regular therapy. At first, I was seeing therapist 3 times a week and psychiatrist once a week. Fast forward 5 yrs.I now only see the psychiatrist once a month and my regular therapist once a week and I am doing so much better. It hasn't been easy but there's light at the end of the tunnel. I expect I can do even better in the months ahead. So, the moral of this story iw tjat your problem is way bigger than you. You need to get some better help. Sometimes certain therapies don't work on people, so you have to try something else. I wish you all the best. Right now please pull yourself up by your bootstraps and take back control of your life. We all care about you, that's part of the reason we are here. Keep us imformed on your progress.

suji
06-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Suicide is stupid. I myself fantasize of committing suicide and it comforts me in a morbid way..... But id never pull a coward move and hurt my loved ones like that. Take into consideration ALL THE PAIN YOUVE FELT IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE, and combine it all into one solid emotion. Now magnify it by thousands and thats how the ppl who love you will feel if you off yourself. Would you really wish that on your Dear mother, of all ppl?

mommywoman
07-07-2012, 02:24 AM
Hi Marcille, first, contrary to another post, suicide is not cowardly. You must be hurting awfully bad to feel that it is your only answer. I see it seems quite late where you are I tuink. Did you know that night time is the worse time for people with depression. I will have to finish this later, I really want to give this a lot more thought, I don't want to say the wrong thing.