PDA

View Full Version : The strangest feeling...

leahbreanne
06-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Today in math I had to leave because I had a panic attack. I live only 3 blocks away from my school so as I was walking home, I started to feel like I need to cry but my brain just wouldn't let me. I tried and tried because the feeling was there but I just couldn't , so I started to breathe really heavily and felt another attack coming. I recently started taking Zoloft so I think that's where it's coming from but I'm so confused and scared... Is this normal?

anxiousmess
06-05-2012, 12:06 PM
when i have panic attacks, i often feel the need to cry. yet i can't always cry.

i think it's just part of the fear feeling

leahbreanne
06-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Normally when it happens, I cry uncontrollably. I actually cry quite a bit, but today I just couldn't. It's so weird. But thank you, and I'm sorry that happens to you.

bhamlaxy
06-05-2012, 03:57 PM
How long ago did you start Zoloft?

Starting an SSRI can have many weird quirky effects, but will generally balance out within a week or two.

leahbreanne
06-05-2012, 09:21 PM
I started taking it about 4 days ago. I have been feeling weird lately but today is the fourth day and I'm starting to feel more normal. I haven't cried since I started taking it though. It was the weirdest thing to not be able to cry. Does anyone know of that ever goes away?