PDA

View Full Version : I'm new, who wants to help me through my problems? :D

DylanH
06-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Hello everyone. My brother is getting sick of me moping around and hating life, and quite frankly so am I, so he told me to register on this forum. Let me tell you all a few things about myself. I'm a 17 year young male and I'm a fun loving easy going guy, or at least I was until the anxiety and depression started. Now I spend my days feeling sorry for myself and moping around, hating almost every moment of my day, which is why I joined this forum. I want to turn things around, but have no clue where to start. I go through my day feeling completely and totally lost. 99 percent of my thoughts are negative, and every time that someone tries to have fun with me or joke around with me, I turn away or just don't answer or something like that.... Now, here's where it gets really confusing for me... I simply don't understand why I feel this way even though I KNOW that there is nothing wrong with me. My life is easy, I have a great job, and I'm in decent physical shape. It's like my subconcious mind has taken complete and total control, and my concious mind simply isn't there anymore...I know that it is there, it's just locked away, and I don't know how to reach it, how to become one with myself like I was when I was a kid. It was around age 14 when it all started. I loved life up until then. Then one day...I just gave up. Negativity surrounded, and I gave in. It's like my life has been put on pause but instead of everything freezing, it's the exact opposite. Everyone around me is still living and having fun and carrying on with their daily lives, but my mind is stuck in one place. It keeps me from being able to act normally. I'm so quiet. Nobody can really get through to me. I'm just numb....and I've had enough of it. As I type this paragraph, I'm full of rage and sadness, I just want to go destroy something, throw something, break something, anything. I'm angry at life, myself, and everyone around me...but I don't know why. I just spend all day contemplating and thinking about all of what I've just typed. I'm constantly in a spacy zone. People ask me "what's wrong" too many times to count during the day, and the only answer I can ever give them is "I don't know". Something is wrong with me but I just don't know what it is. I feel like everyday things that everyone does are simply out of my reach, impossible, impractical.
That's about it. For anyone who has read this far, thank you for your time. Any input on my situation will be appreciated.
Dylan

feliciaxann
06-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Hey Dylan. I'm pretty much on the same boat as you right now. Everything in my life was good until anxiety and most of the time it feels like my world is crumbling down around me. I'm 18 years old and feel that it's harder for us at times because all of our friends are hanging out and having fun. I've lost friends over this because no one wants to be friends with someone who can't hang out with them , right ? Anyway. I know there's nothing wrong with me to but anxiety gets the best of my and I do think your right. I think it's our subconscious mind. That's why I started to take action and fight against it. I'm signed up to be therapy and have heard good things about it. Don't know if your into that or not but I'm willing to try. I recommend no medication. It works for some , but it's very hard to get off of and the side effects are horrible. I would try seeing a counselor if I were you. It's a start :)