PDA

View Full Version : I cant switch off!!!

crouchy
06-04-2012, 02:26 PM
I've only just started getting frequent panic attacks/anxiety attacks over the last three months. I've been to the doctors on several occasions now and he seems to think it's nothing else but anxiety. He has referred me to get counselling. I'm a bit of a freak really, about 10 - 12 years ago I must of choked on something and since then I've never been able to eat properly!

Every time I eat I am constantly thinking about it, and it's certain foods aswell some are easier to eat than others. When I turned 18 and could drink alcohol I found that when I was pissed I could rated normally because I wasn't thinking about it. Now drinking is a problem. I can't seem to get out of the habit. I am also a bit of an OCD. I would say to myself if I dont do something a certain way something bad will happen to me or I will turn into something I dont won't to be.

I was using cocaine on a regular basis about 1 year ago. Until I ended up in hospital one night, which is when my parents found out. I wanted stop and I got help and I've only had a couple of slip ups since then. I can never do it again as I no I get scared and have a panic attack. I am quite anxious about goin to Ibiza with my m8s in the next few weeks as it's gonna be everywhere.

I guess I'm on this site because I wanna talk with people who have had similar experiences and can give me advise and help

Dave

Fashoom
06-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Panic attacks and anxiety disorder are serious conditions, which as you know impact lives in a major way. See a psychiatrist and be forthcoming about what is happening with you including the substance issues. There are a lot of tools available to anxiety sufferers - medicines, meditation and other self-help techniques that are very powerful. But I would start by seeing a psychiatrist and leveling with him/her about what you're experiencing.

Sentao
06-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Hi there,

it seems that your mind is always racing and that you need to slow it down a bit. Why not try some alpha brainwaves (don't over do it) just use it until you feel more relaxed. There are a lot of videos which I see on youtube that have alpha relaxation music, try one of those, it could be really helpful. I would also highly advise you to take a b complex. It could be that your body is depleted of this and you need to supplement it otherwise it will be very difficult to relax.

crouchy
06-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Hi thanks guys. Do you mean I may be lacking in vitamin b?? I will try that alpha thing on YouTube and let you no how it goes