PDA

View Full Version : Cant stop thinking

sylvina
06-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi, just recently i have been free from the physical symptoms off anxiety but i still cant stop thinking about it , will it ever go away ? Im chuffed the symptoms have eased off its been about 3 weeks now , i no its not long but i was having them every single day but cant seem to shake the thoughts away, is anybody else like this??

Absolut100
06-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Sylvina-
I am in the exact same situation. I could literally throw a party because the physical symptoms are gone however I wish I could just kick these ridiculous thoughts. You are not alone!

sylvina
06-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Im so glad its just not me then haha its so annoying though that these thoughts are still there thanks for replying :)

brittany09
06-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Well,your doing a lot better since your physical symptoms are gone. That's a big deal,be proud and confident of yourself! Try to stay busy. If your sitting around doing nothing you have all the time in the world to think. If your busy,you really don't have the time to think so much.

Absolut100
06-04-2012, 02:29 PM
brittany09-
You have no idea how wonderful you just made me feel. I never thought about the fact that having no physical symptoms is progress. I've always just focused on everything that isn't going the way I would like it to. So, thank you!!

sylvina
06-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Ive been real chuffed with my progress so far after having it soooooooo long , i feel more positive and have more energy and less headaches , i hope it lasts coz i think its gunna come back with a vengance but im trying to b positive

brittany09
06-04-2012, 06:04 PM
brittany09-
You have no idea how wonderful you just made me feel. I never thought about the fact that having no physical symptoms is progress. I've always just focused on everything that isn't going the way I would like it to. So, thank you!!

Good :) Anxious people never give themselves enough credit, lol. If you focus on the progress you've made, you will have more confidence. More confidence=more things you can do!

aquamarinearies
06-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Thats so true :)

dazza
06-05-2012, 05:45 AM
Hoorah! an up-beat thread!

This calls for some anxiety jokes...

Q: How many therapists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Just one, but the light bulb really has to want to change.

: Statistics say that 1 in 4 people are insane, so take a look at your 3 best friends and if they are all OK, its you!

: There are more men than women in mental hospitals, which just goes to show who’s driving whom crazy.

:)

Buttercup
06-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Lol, dazza, it's always good to get a giggle here!

It's great that you guys have been symptom free and I def agree that you should be patting yourselves on the back. As anxiety sufferers we tend to think the worst and I find that when I am symptom free I worry that it's only temporary and have silly negative thoughts like, "it's going so well for me just now, it will no doubt f*** up in the future". But I am now aware that these thoughts are no use what so ever and I push them to the back and try enjoy myself and do things I wouldn't normally do if I was going through a bad patch. Also when you live with something for so long when it goes away it can be a bit of a shock to the system! But it's all good and long may we all be symptom free with no "what if" thoughts!