PDA

View Full Version : Flashbacks and Nightmares

Marcille1998
06-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Ever since my dads girlfriends son tried to rape me last year, I have been suffering with PTSD, otherwise known as post traumatic stress disorder. This has been causing me to have frequent flashbacks, nightmares, and panic attacks. I have no clue what to do. My therapist has helped me come up with a plan just in case I have a panic attack, but before I could even put this plan into action, I had another panic attack.

Does anybody else have similar problems, or does anybody know how to deal with problems like this?

Mad Hatter
06-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Hi Marcille. I'm sorry that you had to go through such an awful experience. This has obviously affected you a great deal. I think you've definately done the right thing by seeing a therapist and your on the right track. Be prepared that it may take some time before you can start to feel better about what's happened. Stick to the plan you've been given and when you feel a panic attack coming, remember that that's all it is. Breath. It can't hurt you and it will pass. Good luck!!

Marcille1998
06-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Thank you.