PDA

View Full Version : Has been paniced all night , input would be appreciated!

feliciaxann
06-03-2012, 01:58 AM
Okay , so I have anxiety obviously but always get struck with new symptoms that always are eating me alive. Anywho , I've had a stressful / cry a lot day. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Anyway , I was just sitting at my computer and my vision went all weird , my mouth started feeling odd and then my arms felt weird. My arms felt as if I had been lifting a 300 pound weight and had just set it down. They felt tired , weak , and numb. They felt as if my muscles had been tense for days. I was very alarmed about this as they continued to feel this way. My heart was pounding , I tried to just sit still and ignore it. My chest started feeling tired like my heart wasn't going to beat anymore. I was convinced I was having a stroke. Anyway , my main concern is my arms. Is this normal and has anyone else experienced this? I'm very worried. After a long while I started feeling a bit better but I'm scared it will happen again or that something is seriously wrong. So please give me some feedback. If you need anymore descriptions on what exactly I felt like let me know. Thank you.

heatherl5
06-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Okay , so I have anxiety obviously but always get struck with new symptoms that always are eating me alive. Anywho , I've had a stressful / cry a lot day. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Anyway , I was just sitting at my computer and my vision went all weird , my mouth started feeling odd and then my arms felt weird. My arms felt as if I had been lifting a 300 pound weight and had just set it down. They felt tired , weak , and numb. They felt as if my muscles had been tense for days. I was very alarmed about this as they continued to feel this way. My heart was pounding , I tried to just sit still and ignore it. My chest started feeling tired like my heart wasn't going to beat anymore. I was convinced I was having a stroke. Anyway , my main concern is my arms. Is this normal and has anyone else experienced this? I'm very worried. After a long while I started feeling a bit better but I'm scared it will happen again or that something is seriously wrong. So please give me some feedback. If you need anymore descriptions on what exactly I felt like let me know. Thank you.

hi what your describing is the exact same symptoms i get i contantly feel weak as if im ill run down tired i often feel dizzy and disorientated, my chest gets tight get tingling n my face i have been to out of hours and a&e i dont know how many times for this and every time the ecg is fine blood pressure fine everything is fine so its all down to how you deal with it i have still not figured out how to yet but hopefully will soon and hope you do too just always try to stay calm and remember its only anxiety you will be ok

brittany09
06-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Yes,definitely all normal symptoms of anxiety. It's funny because I have thought I was having a stroke before too when I was anxious. My left leg got a cramp and felt heavy,so I jumped to that conclusion. Keep reminding yourself that's there is nothing wrong with you healthwise. You just have anxiety and it can't hurt you. I would say work on your breathing. A lot of times breathing wrong causes people to panic.