PDA

View Full Version : One of those days....

Missyjean
06-01-2012, 03:16 PM
suffering from panic disorder and am seeming to have one of those days where im just freaking out and anxious for no reason, anxiety level is and has been about an 8 all day, needs someone to talk to :(

ekennedy
06-01-2012, 07:38 PM
I totally understand. I hope you are feeling better. I had a couple of drinks to relax me but now I feel worst. I'm on an anxiety rollercoaster. My dr prescribed me cymbalta but I'm scared to take it.

mbenson213
06-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Try to find something that distracts you from focusing on your anxiety. I find the more I focus on it, the more likely I am to work myself into a panic attack. The "deep breathing" techniques that everyone always suggests never work for me. Try taking a shower and putting on music loud enough to sing to. Make sure it's happy music and force yourself to sing even if you don't feel like you want to. Maybe even dance a little! Focus on the music and make yourself happy again. And if all of this fails, try taking Magnesium. You can get it at wal-mart for pretty cheap. I was amazed at how relaxed it made me the very first day. But be careful, it can give you diarrhea if you take too much, so just one capsule at a time!