PDA

View Full Version : Does your anxiety keep you from dating?

IloveGod
06-01-2012, 11:05 AM
I am a 26 year old female and I have never dated or been in a relationship. The problem is I am so tensed and nervous around guys. Anyone else the same?

Anotherday12
06-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Have you been suffering for quite a while? I have never been afraid to date but i am 25 and started having anxiety when i was 22. So i dated before that. Do you have guys that are friends? Maybe you could text a guy that you liked or something so you could ease into talking to him. Just throwing out some ideas.

IloveGod
06-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Have you been suffering for quite a while? I have never been afraid to date but i am 25 and started having anxiety when i was 22. So i dated before that. Do you have guys that are friends? Maybe you could text a guy that you liked or something so you could ease into talking to him. Just throwing out some ideas.

Unfortunately, I don't have any guys friends. I talk to some guys occasionally. I only have a few female friends.

anxiousmess
06-01-2012, 12:37 PM
this is where online dating comes into play.
i found it fantastic for me.
well, it wasn't so much 'online dating'.
a friend of mine, who i went to school with got talking to me on facebook about call of duty (my status always revloved around it).
so, i got playing the game with him and his friends...
my partner was one of them. although i didn't know him personally. my friend did, so i knew he wasn't no weirdo or anything.

we spoke for months upon months, not only on the pc but also on the ps3. didn't need phone calls as we all used headsets anyway.
we finally all met up. then we got to know each other properly one on one.
i've been with him for just over 3 years now and we have a son together :)